Legal Operations Manager – Projects and Technology
This position will be a US Based virtual role.
This role will work closely with the Senior Director of Legal Operations and IT on department technology procurement and implementation. Although the role does not require technical expertise, it does require familiarity with legal department technology offerings, needs, best practices, and trends.
Flexibility and being a strong utility player will be key in this role. In addition to technology and efficiency projects, this person will be expected to manage various day-to-day legal operations workstreams. These workstreams include building and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge management system, onboarding new hires, event planning, subscription management, and a host of other things we encounter in an ever-expanding global legal department.
Working alongside the Sr. Director of Legal Operations and in collaboration with key stakeholders, drive department efficiency through the implementation of technology enabled solutions. This includes supporting contract life-cycle management, creation of a comprehensive knowledge management repository, and rollout of automation and other technical solutions aimed to achieve practice efficiency.
Serve as project manager for a wide range of legal operations workflows and initiatives
- Serve as internal project manager for all department technology initiatives
- Manage the department SharePoint and Yammer site with relevant, updated content
- Champion and leverage key technology tools (such as Microsoft Teams) in the department
- Centrally manage all department subscriptions
- Centrally manage CLE requirements for department
- Centrally manage Legal Operations calendar
- Support knowledge management efforts, including curating and maintaining form documents based upon practice needs
- Serve as critical planning member for department events, such as the department-wide legal conference
- Participate in industry conferences and other knowledge-sharing forums to introduce innovative solutions to the legal department
- Position may require occasional travel, including some international travel
What your background should look like
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience in a legal environment, law firm or corporate legal department is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, including the ability to articulate strategy, frame and interpret issues, apply influencing skills for positive change where needed, act with integrity, and execute tactically
- Demonstrated ability with software applications, including Excel and SharePoint, and the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts to others
- Experience reviewing and/or developing business and administrative processes and legal technology solutions
- Attention to detail and discretion are required as well as strong communication skills, good judgment and sense of urgency
- Dynamic self-starter with a passion for efficiency and project management
- Strong problem-solver
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Able to thrive in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Able to manage projects and initiatives with an international scope
- Able to network effectively internally at AB outside of the legal department to solve problems
- Team-oriented/ Team player who works well across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused and professional demeanor
- Understands how to build relationships
- Life-long learner of in-house legal department best practices and standards
- Able to leverage legal ops peer groups to determine best practices
- Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and document sharing and e-signing tools
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.