Growth Associate (Sales Development Representative)
We’re on a mission to change the way the world contracts and we’re looking for highly motivated and ambitious individuals to join the team!
Avvoka is a document automation, negotiation and analytics tech platform used by law firms, in-house legal and business teams.
We are a dynamic team with offices in London and Singapore. Our international customer base includes law firms and corporates such as Allen & Overy, Baker McKenzie, HSBC, McDonald’s and Warner Media.
Avvoka has been featured in several publications including The Lawyer, LegalWeek, Legal Business, Legal IT Insider and Artificial Lawyer.
At Avvoka, expect an inclusive environment where each team member is encouraged to ask questions, contribute creatively, and work smarter, not harder.
As a rapidly-growing startup, we’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic Growth Associate (Sales Development Representative) to engage with new prospective customers and directly contribute to revenue growth by expanding our existing customer base. Your important contribution will help build the sales pipeline and find new avenues for growth.
This role will help you acquire business acumen and strong interpersonal skills, and provide you with knowledge of both the legal and technology industries. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in business development in a fast-paced startup environment.
You would be:
- Learning our product back to front
- Working with a team to execute Avvoka’s sales strategy
- Prospecting and qualifying new leads using market resources and outbound techniques, often through multiple touch points
- Booking in product demos for your Growth team colleagues
- Conducting market analysis and research to improve outbounding success rates, including weekly reports to the Growth Leadership team
- Updating our customer relationship management systems (e.g. Hubspot)
You should have:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, especially where these skills have been leveraged to deliver information to senior stakeholders/VP/C-suite
- Knowledge of and interest in sales strategies and product positioning
- A love of technology and how technology is disrupting incumbent business models
- Confident public speaking skills, and the ability to be personable and empathetic
- A proven track record of being goal-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
- High attention to detail
- A highly reliable work ethic: a willingness to contribute when needed, even if the task isn’t strictly in your job description
- Enthusiasm and a growth mindset
- Preferably the right to work in the UK (though we’re open to top talent from anywhere, provided you’ve got a laptop and internet connection!)
It would be great if you had:
- Outbound sales experience, preferably within the SaaS or legal industries
- Knowledge of how the legal profession works
- Experience using a variety of sales tools (e.g. CRM – we use Hubspot)
What we’re offering:
- Competitive base salary and OTE to match the level of experience of the applicant
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance through Vitality
- Flexible working – whilst we are primarily based in London, we’re flexible when it comes to remote working
- Company laptop/monitor
- Access to central London office space as well as any WeWork globally (that’s access to cool events and free drinks in over 750 locations!)
- A genuinely supportive and encouraging environment – there are no egos here
- Great social schedule of team lunches/events/drinks
- Pension, cycle to work scheme
How to apply:
Please apply using the form below. It is mandatory to provide both a CV and a covering letter. In the covering letter box, you must include a short paragraph setting out your motivations for applying to Avvoka and why you think that you would be a good fit for the company.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Please ensure that you disclose any relevant mitigating circumstances with your application so that this can be taken into consideration in the context of your application
- Please do still apply even if you don’t satisfy each and every requirement. You might have something great to offer that we haven’t considered!
Your application has been successfully submitted.