Project Executive - Legal Ops & Project Management
About The Role
One of the exciting opportunities of this role is the breadth of exposure you will gain from implementing project management tools and behaviours across different areas of the firm. The role will support fee earners to manage their matters effectively and efficiently as well as, for some matters, providing hands on project management support. The ability to multi-task, build relationships and evidence strong communication skills are fundamental to the role. This role would be responsible for delivering elements of our project management training across the firm and driving engagement with our LPM tools.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project Management
- Provide project management support across a number of client projects
- Supporting to scope and understand project/matter requirements
- Use project management tools to manage and monitor progress on projects
- Understand budgets and support on financial reporting and tracking of matters
- Understand the resources available in the firm and identify opportunities to consider different options
- Support on delivering specific comms outputs to support client and team engagements
- Analyse data and deliverables to communicate value to key stakeholders
- Understand the financial drivers and metrics of the firm and ensure projects adhere as best as possible
- Record time to track capacity and bill for project management time and contributions (as required)
Training & Tools
- Deliver regular training across the firm
- Supporting on the development of new and bespoke LPM tools
- Drive engagement of LPM tool implementation across the firm
Team and Client
- Work with senior people in the team to generate training content and client materials
- Support on relevant operational efficiency projects
- Identify improvement opportunities in how we deliver our work and ensure lessons are captured and shared with the team
- Work with business services teams to understand operational best practice for matter management
When working with clients directly on other initiatives and projects, the typical responsibilities include:
- Promote/sell the value of LPM and Operational services/products to different stakeholders
- Ensure effective governance, processes and defined outputs are in place
- Understand how technology and of different resources can support project delivery
- We are looking for candidates with a background in professional services or the legal sector, with an understanding of a partnership culture and in particular:
- Experienced in managing and measuring profitable projects and can demonstrate tangible experience (minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a project role).
- Understands law firm relationships and working environments
- Commercial acumen and understands financial metrics
- Ability to manage different stakeholder types confidently and diplomatically
- Ability to confidently sell value, benefits, and results to improve buy-in/engagement of LPM across the firm
- Self-motivated and solution orientated
- Comfortable with ‘unknowns’ and change
- Performs well under pressure and able to prioritise work. Assertive when necessary.
- Personable and willing to learn new skills
- Invested team player and confident to collaborate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible in traveling across the UK periodically
- Degree – law or business relevant (or equivalent)
- PRINCE 2 (desired)
- Strong working skills of MS office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point etc)
- Excellent Excel skills, including using Excel to carry out analysis and reporting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Good office administration skills
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.