Legal Technology Data & Analytics Project Coordinator
We are seeking a Legal Technology Data & Analytics Project Coordinator (mid-level) to join our Firm. This position will be based in our New York City office (hybrid). The LT Data & Analytics Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that Legal Technology project managers, specialists and case teams follow sound data management practices that aim to enhance efficiency and accuracy during projects. This position will streamline document review and production projects by administering conceptual and structured analytics.
- Ensures best practices in litigation discovery and data management processes and procedures are followed by Legal Technology (“LT”) technical and project management teams to enhance efficiency, consistency and accuracy of service and work product.
- Participates in meetings with case teams and LT team to understand case requirements, goals and developments that affect document review and production workflows.
- Consults with LT Tech Team and case teams on conceptual analytics, active learning and general structured analytics workflows and best practices.
- Identifies analytics requirements and develops strategies for efficient document review, assessing suitability for project scope and leveraging all types of Relativity analytics solutions, such as active learning, email threading, near- duplicate, etc.
- Leads the implementation and management of Conceptual Analytics and Active Learning projects to prioritize document review, to include creation of conceptual indices, categorization sets, active learning projects.
- Monitors and interprets results of active learning projects, providing guidance to LT project managers and case teams during the course of review projects
- Communicates status and changes of work scope of analytics projects to team.
- Collaborates with LT technical team and project managers to ensure proper design and configuration of firm hosted databases to optimize usability and searchability.
- Applies innovative solutions to traditional workflows where appropriate to take advantage of available Relativity features to improve current document review, analysis, processing and production workflows.
- Executes project-specific tasks in Relativity such as searching, administering workspace permissions, design database fields, layouts, views and batching strategies to aid in prioritized document review.
- Assists LT project managers in optimizing database searches.
- Coordinates data processing tasks with the LT Tech team in preparation for Structured and Conceptual Analytics projects.
- Engages on issues relating to project data or workflows.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to proactively identify and manage risks and issues that arise, promptly alert project managers, matter teams and technical teams to variances, provide options for their mitigation or resolution and take or coordinate the appropriate responsive actions.
- Manages LT project manager and matter team expectations.
- Organizes meetings and sends communications to ensure that the technical team is properly informed about changes and developments in project procedures.
- Trains and mentors technical team on Relativity analytics and other supporting applications.
- Develops training materials as needed.
- Educates case teams on the value and application of Relativity analytics (structured and conceptual).
- Educates LT team on best practices in data management, database design and analytics.
- Assist with testing eDiscovery tools in the market to maximize the effectiveness of services provided to prospective and existing ELS clients.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues prior to escalating to technical coordinator.
- Relativity Certified Administrator, Relativity Project Management Specialist or Relativity Analytics Specialist with 5+ years practical experience.
- Proficient in Relativity workspace set-up including, but not limited to, analytics, user set-up and group permissions, coding layouts, running complex keyword and dtSearch queries, and workflow customization such as indexing, set-up of views, field/choices, persistent highlighting sets, etc.
- Knowledge of EDRM processes as they relate to the various phases of litigation, including demonstrated experience in the EDRM lifecycle such as document collection, processing, review and production. (Last used version of Relativity should not be earlier than 10.0).
- Familiarity with ESI protocols.
- Excellent communications skills needed – ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms and the ability to explain to case teams the benefits and sample workflows associated with analytics-based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with both traditional SQL, keyword and concept-based search tools and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience using ESI data processing platforms (e.g., Relativity, eCapture, Nuix, Clearwell, LAW, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and learn customized proprietary software.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred majors in the fields of Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Math.
- 5 years+ eDiscovery experience in law firm or litigation support industry, managing eDiscovery review projects and consulting with clients or attorneys on Technology Assisted.
- Minimum 3-5 years of practical experience with Relativity structural and conceptual analytics, including continuous active learning, categorization, email threading, textual near duplicate identification.
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $130,000 to $155,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.