Legal Technology Coordinator
We’re looking for a Legal Technology Coordinator to join our team to help us continue to transform how we provide services to clients. This position will be responsible for providing legal technology management support to the Legal Operations team and other members of the Firm.
Provides technology management support services and is responsible for overseeing on-going data maintenance for a number of legal technologies used by the Firm, including the following:
- Administer and manage several legal technologies used by the Firm, including Closing Folders, Contract Express, DocuSign, HighQ and other legal technologies, as required
- Apply Firm legal technology for certain use cases, such as creating client extranets and internal collaboration sites
- Support content management on the Firm intranet
- Perform validation and remediation for certain datasets connected to Firm legal technology and related projects
- Generate reports, review data and conduct basic analysis
- Assist in the development, maintenance and improvement of processes and other activities related to the software and data management
- Act as a point of escalation for software and data related issues and queries; liaise directly with vendors to resolve issues
- Contribute to continuous improvements of the software through information sharing, recommending product improvements and training
- Coordinate and manage enhancements requests with vendors
- Performs other duties as required from time to time
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree in a business, technology or information sciences discipline or related field of study. Recent graduates will be considered. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter and independent thinker
- Superior time management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- A high technology proficiency (including advanced MS Word, Excel, and other relevant software programs)
- Ability to define areas of improvements, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical, conceptual and excellent problem-solving abilities required
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to follow-up on activities without delays and to work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to achieve goals
- Strong work ethic and collaborative work approach
For the safety of firm members and visitors, Osler is committed to complying with the recommendations of public health authorities, including with respect to adopting mandatory vaccination policies. Employment at Osler is therefore conditional on complying with any vaccination policies that Osler may adopt from time to time in response to the recommendations of public health authorities.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Osler is a leading law firm with a singular focus – your business.