Applied Legal Technology (ALT) Consultant
You will be part of a wider collaborative team and will report to an Applied Legal Technology (ALT) Specialist. The primary purpose of the role is to provide technology and information management consulting services to the firm’s lawyers to ensure best practices, sound workflows and leading-edge technology is used to assist in the management of matters.
Knowledge of the legal technology industry and software is essential to allow collaboration with the team to assist in in managing matters and offering solutions and advice to our lawyers.
The core of this role will be merging your interest in the legal industry and technology and your ability to problem solve and analyse data.
Under the supervision of Specialists, Managers and/or ALT Directors, this position is responsible for working collaboratively as part of a team to provide and promote the effective use of legal technology solutions delivered by the group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising legal teams on the effective and efficient use of technology-based information management services in dispute, regulatory and corporate matters.
- Project coordination as directed by senior members of the team.
- Working with senior members of ALT to successfully plan and manage key milestones and project deadlines.
- Working both independently and collaboratively with the national ALT team.
- Working with senior members of ALT to advise and educate legal teams and stakeholders in relation to best practices and technology solutions.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings, practice group meetings and educational sessions.
- Creating and maintaining all necessary project documentation such as file notes, registers, logs and reports, and utilising firm systems.
- Contributing to ALT business development projects for the continual improvement of processes, workflows, documentation, and growth of ALT.
- Actively communicating with all members of the team, and escalating concerns appropriately.
- Recording and submitting daily timesheets and achieving budgeted financial revenue.
Who are we looking for?
Drawing from our principles of quality, betterment and creativity, this role requires a range of disciplines encompassing collaborating with peers and senior members of the national team, project management, and a strong understanding of how to apply technology solutions across different matters.
Your passion for technology innovation, detail orientation, and natural curiosity will be rewarded and valued. You will also bring:
- Degree in law, legal studies, computer science, information technology, and/or equivalent work experience in a bureau or professional services firm.
- Ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Highly organised, with a capacity to multi-task with a flexible, proactive attitude.
- Self-motivated and open-minded attitude, with a curiosity for learning new things.
- Ability to take responsibility for and consistently deliver high quality project and database management services within strict deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical thinking.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, along with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, in particular MS Excel and MS Access.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team, and comfortable to be agile between both.
- Willingness to learn from others who possess a different skill set to self.
- Experience with eDiscovery software such as Nuix or Relativity will be looked on favourably.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Wednesday 30th November 2022.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The global elite law firm connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia.