Legal Operations Analyst
LEGAL OPERATIONS ANALYST
As a Legal Operations Analyst at Kainos you will be responsible for optimising and iterating existing processes and devising and implementing new processes to strengthen and maximise the efficiency and scalability of a commercially focused in-house legal team.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Supporting the creation and roll out of Commercial Team technology roadmap and an effective operating model to enable the team to scale for growth.
- Identifying and implementing team process improvements and efficiencies including effective workload management, triaging and workflow.
- Developing innovative and efficient processes that will facilitate the team's ability to effectively support a growing and globally distributed organisation in achieving business results.
- Collecting and reporting of key operational and MI data and substantive metrics and KPIs for the team that will better inform decision-making, head count and practice.
- Liaising with the IT team, identifying tools, technologies and systems to optimise operations and streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing the design, rollout, and training for new systems.
- Producing reports and presentations in order to communicate key messages to the business and, when required, preparing materials for meetings with senior management.
- Optimise and simplify team collateral including Team handbook and Intranet information and put processes in place to ensure that it is relevant and up to date.
- Collaborate with the Office of General Counsel and key stakeholders in supporting key strategic projects and cross-functional initiatives.
Minimum (essential) Requirements
- Experience working in an operations or similar role to include process improvement and project management in a fast paced business.
- Strong commercial awareness with a demonstrated ability to drive other operational efficiencies to increase productivity and contain costs.
- Ability to think strategically while managing the details, and to make clear recommendations.
- Ability to actively participate in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
- Excellent team skills, we are passionate about developing people – a demonstrated ability in managing, mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community is important.
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders at all levels including working with the Directors and Executive Team of the Company at an appropriate level.
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements.
- Capable of delivering pragmatic commercial advice.
- Excellent drafting, communication, and negotiation skills (appropriate to level of experience).
- Conscientious, approachable, and credible.
- Articulate, analytical, pragmatic, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and escalate matters where necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently and prioritise your workloads in a fast-paced environment, delivering a high level of accuracy and attention to detail within tight timeframes.
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiatives with minimal supervision and escalate matters when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships with both staff and external stakeholders.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos – a proven ability of strong team skills, including leading junior members to effectively deliver tasks.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work flexible hours at peak times.
- Prior experience within an inhouse legal team or a legal environment.
- Experience using legal technology tools and processes.
- An eye for analytics and data.
- Corporate governance and risk management experience.
Who You Are
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).
Your application has been successfully submitted.