Forensic Legal Technology - Manager
Restructuring & Forensics
In Restructuring & Forensics we focus on supporting our clients through the Protect and Recover stages of the business cycle. We combine restructuring services such as financial restructuring, liability restructuring and corporate simplification with Digital and Forensic Investigations and Financial Crime teams. We support clients in stress or distress situations, seeking to support them to respond, restructure and transform, as well as prepare for, respond to and emerge stronger from a wide range of business risks and issues.. We could be involved in any one, or all of these types of engagements.
Who We Are
PwC works with some of the largest UK and international organisations. Our clients are collecting and using more data than ever before and the use of technology plays an integral role in driving their business and serving their customers. The Forensics Legal Technology team designs, builds and delivers Legal technology solutions using a number of cutting edge tools to improve our client’s business and solve commercial challenges.
You will work alongside a fast growing team that works with some of the UK’s top tier institutions and multinationals. You will be working on a range of projects related to Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM), Contract Analysis & Review, Contract Repapering & Outreach, as well as some aspects of Legal Transformation. You will be required to build strong client relationships, understand the client requirements, be involved in problem solving and manage the delivery of a legal technology solution.
We operate in an environment where speed of response is often critical to our clients which means you will be continuously innovating and drawing on the very latest technologies and methodologies. Our engagements frequently involve us working in cross-border teams with UK and International clients and across other parts of our wider business – opportunities for international travel are subject to government advice/guidelines.
What You’ll Do
As a Manager in the team you’ll work on a wide range of engagements, utilising your technical skills and non-technical skills to support clients to leverage technology in their legal functions.
This Could Include
- Configuration, data/clause extraction, refining machine learning algorithms and analysis using contract digitisation tools;
- Building and running workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution;
- Requirements gathering, workshop facilitation, building workflows and user testing for Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) implementations; and;
- Building data visualisation and reporting for clients.
You will play a key role in translating business needs into technical solutions and requirements and day to day responsibility on client projects, liaising with stakeholders and ensuring the work is being progressed to time and budget. As a Manager, you will need to provide coaching and guidance to your team as well as show leadership in internal initiatives, risk processes and operational roles.
As we look to harness artificial intelligence, expert systems, robotics and machine learning to assist our clients, you will have the opportunity to get involved in some innovative projects where we utilise these technologies to solve real life issues. By assessing their current technology stack and exploring the ever changing impact of regulations on contract portfolios, you will help answer client questions such as “Where are the gaps and what existing processes can be improved?”, “How can technology be utilised more effectively to deliver more value to our clients?” and “How can we best integrate different technologies into one solution?”
We’ll also encourage you to attend training led by our technology partners to develop your technical knowledge to enable you to upskill ypurself and your team to deliver projects using new technology.
What You’ll Need
If you have prior experience delivering Legal Technology or other technology-based engagements, enjoy problem-solving and are able to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required, we would be interested in talking to you.
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred – MBA, JD, or Masters in another relevant field.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in advisory or consulting work with exposure to legal technology, in-house product development and implementation, or other comparable technology related projects such as contract review, drafting, negotiation and execution.
- Clear written and verbal communication – including presenting to executives – is essential
- Strong technical skills required ideally with a background in legal with Contract Lifecycle Management or Contract Review and Repapering, particularly in financial services would be a plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
- Excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude;
- Ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration; and
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we mak...