Senior Manager of Customer Onboarding
Burnaby, BC, Canada
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Customer Onboarding to join our Customer Success Department in Burnaby or Toronto.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Enablement, the Sr. Manager of Customer Onboarding will be responsible for the onboarding team, tools and processes deployed to help welcome new customers to Clio. We are looking for the person to join our Customer Enablement leadership team who will accelerate our path to building a truly world class onboarding experience. We believe great onboarding is a critical ingredient to help set our customers on the path of lifelong growth with Clio.
What your team does:
The Onboarding team trains and onboards our largest firms, our silent signups and everything in between. We leverage a deep understanding of customer goals & workflows to help them achieve concrete and rewarding value as quickly as possible. By working closely alongside our Data Migrations & Account Builder teams, our team provides a seamless onboarding experience that empowers our customers to thrive.
A day in the life might look like:
- Working alongside the Director and management peers to collaborate on the vision, strategy roadmap and goals for success within the Customer Onboarding team.
- Overseeing the growth and productivity of the department leads and members through appropriate training, coaching, quality assurance, and monitoring. Identifying individual development plans to improve both on individual and overall team performance.
- Innovating and leading strategies to improve onboarding for customers ranging from high volume engagements with Solo/1 user law firms to more complex Mid-Market firms with 100+ users.
- Driving tactical and strategic ideas, projects and initiatives across the company.
- Fostering a world class onboarding experience, including the workflows, supporting materials and training sessions. The onboarding team owns customer accounts within their first 120 days, and your efforts will culminate in high customer adoption rates and low churn.
- Collaborating cross functionally with our pre and post sales customer facing teams to enable maximum impact.
- Leveraging your customer expertise to collaborate with our Product & Marketing teams to build the right workflows and content to help our customers thrive at scale.
- Leading strategy and team members focused on high value 1 to many programs, like our Quick Start daily webinar series, our Clio Academic Access Program and supporting our NYSBA partnership.
- Providing Onboarding subject matter expertise consultation for our EMEA customer success team.
- Assisting in implementing and analyzing key metrics and other performance indicators and delivering strategies to improve existing service levels.
- Acting as an escalation point for service resolution and challenging customer issues.
- Incorporate relevant feedback mechanisms and act accordingly to ensure impactful changes in service delivery models.
- Living and role modeling the Clio company Values.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about helping customers of all sizes achieve their goals through technology.
- Are a leader and coach with high standards and an obsession for doing right by customers.
- Get inspired by the idea that we can build something that the broader Customer Success industry will look at and ask ‘how did they do that?!’
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment and are excited by interesting and complex challenges.
- Are comfortable thinking outside of the box; not afraid to experiment and understands the value of learning from failures on the path to success.
- Are eager to roll up your sleeves and make an impact on our customers and our business.
- Are a clear and concise communicator whose communication style is grounded in empathy and radical candor.
- Know how to bring people along with your ideas so you can bring them to life.
- Have a drive to help customers succeed, especially when the situation gets challenging.
- Have a strong desire for continuous learning and self-improvement, and expect the same of your team.
- Care deeply about all things customer onboarding, but also have a strong macro lens you can apply across the company to identify cross functional areas to improve customer adoption and reduce churn.
- Possess strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Are someone who can lead by example with patience, understanding, and compassion.
- Have the ability to exercise strong judgment, tact, and discretion, and can be entrusted with confidential information.
- Are someone who has a commitment to diversity and inclusion and working with teams from diverse backgrounds.
- Have 5+ years of progressive leadership experience including 2+ years as a manager of managers.
- Have experience leading Customer Success, Professional Services or Support teams that own the customer experience.
- Have experience using a CRM system to manage customer ownership and interactions.
- Have experience working closely with Sales organisations.
- Have experience working in a SaaS company.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with using Salesforce.com
- Experience with Customer Success platforms (Gainsight / Churnzero / Totango)
- Experience building scalable learning solutions
- Background in adult learning practices
- Previous work experience in high volume customer onboarding.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
Your application has been successfully submitted.