DWF are seeking a Legal Technologist to join their Legal Technology Team in Manchester. The individual will have a hybrid role, where they will be responsible for and support the operational deployment of legal tech tools at DWF - within both DWF Advisory and DWF Mindcrest. They will also support the governance and monitoring of those tools, promote the use of legal tech and work with the legal transformation teams to enhance new products for Mindcrest to deliver.
This role will work with the Mindcrest team including legal delivery managers, product development and the eDiscovery team, and will also work closely with DWF Ventures. This role will require the individual to become a subject matter expert on certain legal tech tools in order to support in their operational use, advise on the use of those tools, and to keep up to date with functionality updates.
The DWF Ventures team focus on piloting new innovative ways of delivering services, running pilots which may involve the testing or development of legal tech tools – this role would include involvement in those pilots, and using legal technology to build innovative solutions with Ventures. DWF work across a range of practice areas and are continually looking at best in class legal tech tools to help create greater efficiencies and enhancements to our service offering to clients.
This role will help build, deploy and maintain legal tech from training through to governance and usage reporting.
We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, enjoys problem solving through innovative use of technology, is comfortable working at a fast pace and has an ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with and knowledge of legal tech tools such as document automation, expert logic systems and machine learning/AI
- Specific expertise with Contract Express and/or HighQ document automation
- Experience using HighQ including complex site creation and customisation
- Experience managing risk and maintaining governance over the use and integration of legal tech tools, including workflow process and sign offs for document automation and training machine learning algorithms
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients
The role of a Legal Technologist is varied and includes:
- Supporting currently deployed legal tech tools across DWF including Contract Express for document automation and HighQ for client portal and collaboration activities. Responding to requests from the business for precedent automation and site creation and development
- Operational support of AI contract review technology including setting up project spaces and training machine learning algorithms
- Supporting the rollout of Legal Tech to support lawyers in the divisions of Commercial, Insurance and International, and through continuous improvement regularly developing and refining legal tech processes in those divisions
- As new legal tech tools are onboarded, becoming a super user and supporting the use of those tools in DWF Mindcrest and across the Advisory business
- Supporting the Ventures team with legal tech pilots, particularly when they involve legal tech to be deployed in Mindcrest or where expertise will aid firm wide Ventures projects
- Overseeing the use of legal tech tools within a framework of tracking usage, regular reporting on the use of legal tech tools
- Creating training guides and procedures for users to use legal tech tools in delivery
- Assisting with the transformation of new products through a legal tech and innovation capability lens, through to service delivery and support once operational
- Acting in a legal consulting capacity to advise internal fee earning teams and clients on legal tech requirements and best practice
- Supporting the eDiscovery Lead with matching matter/client problems against legal tech and eDiscovery options to provide the most appropriate solution
- Actively promoting the use of legal tech to clients and within DWF through demonstrations and the creation of promotional materials and case studies
Are you a dynamic and passionate individual with Legal experience gained within a busy and fast paced environment?
Then we would love to hear from you!!
Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers, a buy as you earn share scheme and dining cards. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and an Employee Assistance Programme.
We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible or [partly] agile role. We are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.