Product Design Manager
Oakland, CA, USA
Everlaw is looking for a spirited Product Designer with superb attention to detail and a self-starter attitude. You will leverage your respect for users to drive design solutions end-to-end — from brainstorming the best experiences with the team to crafting pixel perfection right before shipping. You will also leverage data and feedback from users to iterate upon your designs and, ultimately, ensure an amazing user experience on our platform. Your work will matter — the experiences you design will help legal teams at law firms, corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations, work more efficiently to discover truth and promote justice!
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland, California.
In your first few months, you will
- Become product certified! You will learn the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform through a series of training modules
- Collaborate with your team to conduct user research and synthesize results into insights that inform your designs
- Create new functionality and enhance existing experiences for the platform by collaborating with designers, engineers, and product team members
- Craft and deliver solutions that are intuitive and effective in the form of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect specs
- Work closely with engineers to ensure an efficient implementation of your designs
- Provide respectful, insightful, and actionable feedback to other designers to ensure an elegant and cohesive user experience
- Contribute to the development of our design system and advocate consistent use of design standards across our product
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw
In your first year, you will
- Design the experiences of increasingly complex features with the big picture in mind while caring for the small details
- Improve our design and product development processes by collaborating with the team and using your process-driven mindset
- You have a history of successfully launched product features that are user-centered and effective
- You combine your exemplary design skills, critical thinking skills, and systems thinking to creatively craft solutions to complex problems
- You highly value feedback and collaboration. You believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, that seeking feedback will make your designs better, and that developing features requires teamwork, careful coordination, and clear communication
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable navigating ambiguity and driven to ensure your solutions are implemented efficiently
- You are authorized to work in the United States.
- More than 3 years designing experiences for SaaS products
- You are familiar with the legal and ediscovery industries
- You have experience building design systems
- You have an aptitude for strategic product thinking that makes you a distinguished partner to the Product team
- You have experience leading design sprints and workshops
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
Your application has been successfully submitted.