Product Developer (Summer Intern)
Calgary, AB, Canada
We are looking for a Product Developer (Summer Intern) to join our team in tackling special research projects related to improving the performance, quality, usability and maintainability of our cloud application. Your curious nature, critical thinking skills and attention to detail will make you an integral part of our team’s success.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary college or university STEM program or related disciplines.
- Collaborate with a mentor in our team to develop a project plan and define target outcomes that you can measure.
- Execute your plan with ongoing support from our team and your mentor.
- Report on your progress in daily scrums and weekly meetings with your mentor.
- Deliver a final report of your findings in an informal lunch ‘n learn setting.
- Follow your passion and curiosity!
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Teamwork: You will get an immersive experience with a real production development team. You will have a chance to connect with your team by joining our daily scrums, pitching new ideas, and seeing firsthand how enterprise cloud software is built.
- Analysis: You will learn how to evaluate and analyze important software metrics related to continuous improvement, including how to debug errors, measure performance and evaluate logs.
- Development: Our diverse team of builders will support you on your journey to learn new technologies, new methods, and build new skills to achieve your project’s objectives.
- Developer Tools: You will be introduced to the tools that developers use every day in their practice, such as revision control, shell scripting, and deployments.
- Testing: You will learn about test-driven development and how to write effective unit and integration tests.
Your application has been successfully submitted.