Business Development and Engagement Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Business Development and Engagement Associate to join Avvoka. To be clear, this will be a dual role: You will be working with both the growth and engagement teams to expand our client base, onboard new clients and keep our existing clients delighted. You will also help in developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies and assisting on live client projects.
As a Business Development and Engagement Associate you will collaborate with our growth team in all stages of marketing campaigns and growth strategies. Your important contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels, and help us to build the sales pipeline and find new avenues for growth.
You will also collaborate with our engagement team to onboard new clients and partners, train them on the platform, and implement strategies to not only retain and expand their business but also to support the client on their learning journey to adopting and understanding the ROI that Avvoka brings to their industry. You will proactively help to solve client challenges through new processes and act as a liaison between the client and various Avvoka teams involved in automation, onboarding and training. Beyond clients, ideal candidates will continue to spearhead our ‘Avvoka academy’ and ‘Lab’ initiatives along with other members of the wider team.
This role will help you acquire business development and client engagement skills and provide you with knowledge of both the legal and technology industries. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in business development and client engagement in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Sales activities (e.g. sourcing leads, preparing and delivering client pitches, completing formal proposal documents for prospective clients and delivering product demos)
- Support the growth and engagement teams in daily tasks (list-building, drafting emails, contract review)
- Perform market analysis and research on the competition
- Update our customer relationship management systems like Hubspot
- Marketing activities (e.g. social media, PR, email, website improvement, video/image editing, writing copy and working on search engine optimisation)
- Create and distribute marketing materials (in particular, video content)
- Organize and host marketing events (virtual for the time being)
- Client training and onboarding
- Carrying out customer success strategies – identifying what is and isn’t working and designing new strategies based on research
- Solving client challenges, directly liaising with them to navigate their specific needs during a trial, pilot or rollout
- Liaising with senior management and developer teams to co-manage any bespoke development items
- Co-managing day-to-day running of the ‘Avvoka academy’ and ‘Lab’ initiatives
- A love of technology and how technology is disrupting incumbent business models
- A proven track record of being goal-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
- A desire to learn about CRM tools like HubSpot
- Interest in different marketing techniques and product positioning
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, especially where these skills have been leveraged to deliver information to senior stakeholders/VP/C-suite
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Confident public speaking skills, and be personable and empathetic
- A highly reliable work ethic; goes the extra mile
- Enthusiasm and a growth mindset
- A willingness to contribute when needed, even if the task isn’t strictly in your job description
- The right to work in the UK
- Experience in the legal industry, ideally as a practising lawyer, law student or working with legal technology
- Experience in selling SaaS products or in sales or account management in a SaaS company
- Experience with marketing and account management
- An understanding of SEO strategies
- An intuitive understanding of how to gain and maintain social media traction
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Next generation document automation.