Legal Operations Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our consulting practice. We’re open to both full time candidates as well as contractors.
We have an unparalleled client list, and GC’s, CFO’s and Legal Operations professionals at some of the world’s largest companies look to us for advice and support in transforming their legal functions.
Our work is creative and diverse, but typically you might expect to spend your time:
- Supporting senior leaders in understanding how their legal function operates and is perceived within and outside their business.
- Developing technology focussed operational and strategic roadmaps in order to set an agenda for change.
- Developing operational models, processes and workflows to improve legal operations and service delivery.
- Identifying opportunities for digitisation and improvement.
- Working with lawyers and legal team members in order improve their working lives and operations.
- Partnering with IT and Finance teams in order understand how funds and resources can best be utilised.
- Designing scoring and reporting frameworks to measure performance and drive improvements.
- Supporting the specification and selection of technology solutions and managing procurement processes.
- Identifying new business opportunities, supporting sales activity and scoping exercises.
Depending on your level of seniority, you might act as the overall lead for some of our larger enterprise projects, managing specific engagements from beginning to end. Alternatively, you might work as part of a larger team.
You’ll need to be confident and knowledgeable in order to build trust with senior stakeholders. Empathy and strong listening skills are vital, and we expect you to be capable of solving problems in a creative and commercially astute way.
We encourage and expect all our team members to work autonomously and independently, and you’ll have good judgment, and be used to working with senior managers and business leaders.
As a senior legal engineer, you’ll be one of the leading lights of our business. These individuals help develop junior members of the team and drive continuous improvements in our processes and delivery model.
They work at the coalface of innovation, understanding business challenges and configuring trailblazing legal technology solutions and products to solve them. They are experts in their chosen technologies, and they understand the wider legal technology landscape.
You’ll always have the support and supervision of our leadership team, and we work hard to share ideas and innovation internally so that our engineers remain the best in the business.
We don’t have a central office, and all our team work remotely or on client sites.
We are flexible about working hours, locations and time zones, and we try to keep internal processes and paperwork to a minimum.
We want everyone to spend their time doing stuff, rather than talking about doing stuff.
We value attitude over experience, and we’re looking for someone with good domain knowledge and well as strong problem-solving and client-handling skills, and these will be our guiding principles.
That being said, we’re particularly keen to hear from people who have experience:
- As a legal operations professional in a corporate legal team.
- As a legal operations/transformation consultant.
- Leading transformation as a lawyer or part of an in house team.
- As a management or change management consultant in a related discipline.
We would expect you to hold an undergraduate degree or possess equivalent experience, and we would prefer candidates who have completed the LPC or BPTC or are overseas qualified, or equivalent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s foremost independent legal tech consultancy, with more than 90 legal engineers across the globe.