Legal Product Manager
Location: New York, NY; Toronto, ON; Los Angeles/San Francisco, CA; Remote US; Remote Canada
The practice of law is evolving; we are bringing legal technology up to speed. This is an opportunity to join LexCheck: one of the fastest-growing companies in the legal technology sector. We are looking to hire lawyers/legal specialists to help lead the charge in building out our automated contract review product offerings.
LexCheck aims to produce solutions that change our customers' day-to-day lives for the better. As a result, product management is key to LexCheck's success as an organization. You will interface with our customers to find ways in which LexCheck can provide additional value and then work with our development teams to turn those ideas into reality.
This position provides a great opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage startup and learn how in-house legal departments process contracts and the policies they employ while negotiating them. This position will provide you with insight into the cutting-edge of the legal technology space, and significant growth potential and upward mobility. At LexCheck, you will have a diverse array of responsibilities and will work closely with team members across the entire organization.
LexCheck is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Partner with customers to successfully implement LexCheck.
- Calibrate AI models to improve the efficacy of our proprietary coding language and NLP search building processes.
- Analyze customer samples to understand how best to help our customers level up their contract review processes.
- Help customers configure AI models to assist them with their contract review.
- Collaborate with the software development team, the sales team and other internal stakeholders involved in LexCheck's product implementations.
- Develop AI product configuration specifications, production timetables, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Display strong leadership, organizational and execution skills.
- JD, LLB or equivalent degree, with a strong academic record or a track record of success in corporate law
- 1-2 years of corporate law experience preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Excited about building a team and culture from the ground up and taking pride in your work
- Interest in the intersection of law and technology
- Experience with GSuite and Microsoft Office and/or project management software preferred; coding or software development experience or interest considered an asset, but not required
Culture. LexCheck prides itself on being a collaborative, inclusive and innovative place to work. Our team members bring a diverse array of knowledge and experiences to their roles. We strive to have our team members build bonds with one another that last well into the future.
Development. LexCheck works on solving challenging problems that will encourage you to look for unique solutions and foster your problem-solving skills. LexCheck emphasizes training, mentorship and development with the goal of encouraging all team members to reach their full potential.
Customers. LexCheck works with industry-leading companies that employ best practices in their legal departments. Our customers include Fortune 500 companies and AMLAW 100 law firms.
Team. The LexCheck team is filled with friendly and dedicated people that make great partners for taking on difficult problems. LexCheck's founder is a successful serial legal-tech entrepreneur who has created market-leading products that are currently widely used by law firms and corporations.
Location. We are headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Toronto. LexCheck offers a flexible remote work policy out of each of our offices.
Benefits. We offer competitive compensation including a base salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Your application has been successfully submitted.