Legal Technology Manager
Our success, your opportunity.
We don’t follow trends. We start them. We drive change and deliver more to make a tangible difference for our clients and communities.
We’ve created a culture that encourages and values individual choice and opportunity, combined with inclusion and teamwork. Bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to a global business that’s redefining the expectations of a law firm.
The growing Legal Technology team is responsible for sourcing, introducing and driving use of innovative technology across all practice group areas in our international business. Working closely with our lawyers, legal project managers, the Legal Delivery Centre and the operational IT team, we seek to improve the service, delivery and quality of our firm's work. Our team's focus is on quickly evolving legal technology, including machine-assisted contract analysis tools, document automation software and data analytics.
We are looking for someone to join our Legal Technology team as a Legal Technology Manager for a period of 14 months (maternity cover) to perform a pivotal role at the interface between new technology, process and the practice of the law.
This is a role for a tech-curious individual who can bridge the gap between the business and technology in order to identify opportunities to use and articulate the business value of technology but also manage the detail of its practical integration into our lawyers' work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Senior Legal Technology Manager and the other Legal Technology Managers to ensure practice groups maximise business benefit from the use of technology
- Identifying and actively pursuing opportunities for practice groups to leverage tech for greatest strategic advantage
- Embedding new technology within the business, with a focus on ROI realization and feedback
- Investigation of new and emerging intelligent technologies that have the potential to improve the delivery of services to clients
- Helping create business deliverables such as process maps and pitch material
- Acting as a liaison point for lawyers and clients in the integration of chosen new technology
- Educating and up-skilling relevant stakeholders
- Liaising with operational IT to ensure that all tech solutions are properly communicated and managed across the business
- Ensuring new technology is deployed in a compliant way, in liaison with our Risk teams
- Comfortable in picking up and understanding a range of new tools and technologies in order to quickly begin applying them in a practical context
- Strong understanding of business realities to maximise competitive advantage from both emerging and legacy technologies
- Ability to apply creative thinking to complex business challenges, employing technological solutions to exploit commercial opportunities
- Exposure to and previous experience in relevant areas such as technology-based business alignment and change management. Legal sector experience would be an advantage
- Curiosity around new technology
- Analytical, inquisitive and solution-focused
- Attention to detail and commitment to rigour and quality of work
- The ability to communicate strongly, engage and interact at all levels
- Strong empathy with relevant stakeholders
Your application has been successfully submitted.