Legal Operations Associate
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Facebook is looking for a Legal Operations Associate to join its Legal Operations team. The team aims to help develop and execute on department priorities intended to create greater operational cross-functional alignment.
In this role, you will cultivate community and connections within our 1200-person plus global Legal department. This includes establishing, supporting, and executing Facebook Legal programs, events, and initiatives that provide team members with resources they need (such as onboarding initiatives and wiki management) and bring the department together (such as our Legal Summit and DEI initiatives).
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and highly motivated, with the ability to adapt and be comfortable in an ambiguous environment. Strong communication and project management skills, and ability to problem solve and develop strong partnerships are essential. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
Legal Operations Associate, Community & Connection Responsibilities
- Drive Facebook Legal’s community and connection priorities with the aim of fostering an engaged and inclusive department
- Coordinate and execute department events including the annual summit, partnering closely with internal stakeholders such as Facilities, Production, Legal leadership and, as well as external event vendors
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives in Legal, such as the annual action plan, partnering with Legal Business Resource Groups, and involvement in external industry DEI events
- Develop Legal onboarding initiatives to support effective and consistent onboarding experiences across the organization
- Revamp, compose, and upkeep internal knowledge tools such as wiki and FAQ pages
- Work cross-functionally with professionals in Legal, Communications, HR, Diversity, Recruiting, Production, and others
- Stay informed on company initiatives and trends impacting our global department
- Collaborate on various ad hoc projects to ensure progress against larger strategic Legal Operations goals for Facebook Legal
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience working in Project or Program Management
- Experience working on an in-house legal team, law firm or in Human Resources
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment and experience solving problems through ambiguity
- Experience with diversity, equity, inclusion initiatives and working on a global team
- Experience event planning and knowledgeable about creating virtual events and experiences
- Analytical and data-driven approach to program, event creation and excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and Google Suite, and accustomed to learning new technologies and tools
Your application has been successfully submitted.