Mobile Software Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mayer Brown LLP is currently building a new Mobile App Development Team that'll create next gen Global Enterprise Mobile Apps which will surely set the legal world on its ear. We aren't just looking for just any mobile dev; we are looking for the right mobile dev. Keep going to see if we’re looking for you…
Like everyone else, we think we’re hunting the elusive Mobile Dev unicorn. But what we really want is that dev looking for a unique, greenfield opportunity to design, build and maintain, both native/hybrid and mobile web apps. A leader, not a follower. A constant learner, who keeps up on the latest mobile trends in architecture, apps, tools and best practices. Someone who brings tech and business savvy to the table to architect the future evolution of Mayer Brown.
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
- Responsible for the development, architecture, engineering, maintenance and technical support of high-quality enterprise level mobile and responsive web apps according to development standards, information security policies, and engineering best practices in an Agile software development environment
- Establishes and practices industry accepted mobile development processes and procedures
- Creates optimal technical designs adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance when defining technical designs
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of app development follow compliance and security best practices
- Maintains third-party software configurations and integrations aligned with the portfolio of products related to user experiences across mobile and web apps
- Implements critical data integrations between numerous applications and systems within the Mayer Brown IT ecosystem
- Responsible for the feature development and ongoing support of legacy client, mobile, and web applications, assessing and leveraging low-code and no-code solutions when applicable
- Defines, designs, codes, tests, debugs, implements and supports various mobile and web apps
- Proactively and transparently keeps management apprised of technical considerations and issues that affect the health, performance, and effectiveness of apps, web services, and backend technologies
- Drives technical requirements for backend technologies and databases necessary from a mobile and web app perspective
- Responsible for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and low-code mobile apps, including analysis, implementation, integration, upgrades, configuration, technical documentation, feature improvements as well as day-to-day problem resolution and production support
- Monitors applications to ensure stability by identifying or anticipating problems, recommending appropriate mitigation or avoidance steps, and responding promptly to all problem reports
- Participates in on-call rotation providing 24 x 7 application support, ensuring that the application portfolio uptime is maintained according to defined Mobile Apps team SLAs
- Participates in the creation, maintenance and support of application business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Contributes to the maintenance of the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for software across the applications within the Business Applications and Risk Applications team
- Records and manages time, electronically files relevant emails and documents, follows procedures for travel and other expense reporting and management, and timely updates to assigned Service Desk tickets
- Delivers written and oral communications that clearly explain technical concepts using non-technical language with an ability to communicate with varying levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. Or equivalent software development and/or software engineering work experience
- 3+ years of experience in delivering enterprise software applications web and/or mobile using common web and mobile technologies
- Experience in delivering technology in an Agile fashion by encompassing: iterative and incremental delivery, Scrum/Kanban, direct user collaboration, feature driven development, Agile testing, continuous development, DevOps, deployment, and shipping, etc.
- Law firm or partnership experience is a plus (1 year)
- Experience or knowledge in ReactJS and/or React Native
- Experience or knowledge of the Apple iOS and MacOS development stack (Xcode, Swift/Objective-C) or Google Android development stack (Android Studio, Layout Editor, Kotlin/Java)
- Experience or knowledge of client/server RESTful and MVC/MVVM architectural patterns prevalent in mobile and web app development
- Experience or knowledge of version-control systems, e.g. Git / Github / TFS / BitBucket
- Some knowledge of DevOps tools: containers, cloud, automation, security, configuration management, CI/CD
- Understanding and appreciation of database architecture and SQL databases that power enterprise application
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to investigate and assess complex systems to propose technical solutions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Must have a customer centric development mindset that strives to solve the problems of and address the needs of Mayer Brown users
- Customer service skills with the ability to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment
- Strong collaborative work-ethic with self-awareness around shared product goals and supporting co-workers towards team success
- Proven organization and time management skills, priority-setting, and troubleshooting, especially when responding to unanticipated business requirements
- Adaptability to changing organizational needs with the capability to drive implementation of new engineering practices, when necessary
- High level of discretion, comfortable handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Willing to challenge the status quo
Business Relationship Management:
- Deliver written and oral communications that clearly explain technical concepts using non-technical language with an ability to communicate with varying levels of the organization.
- With guidance, able to develop and cultivate relationships and communication lines with product, operations, and engineering team members across IT and the Business.
- Able to articulate technical concepts, systems, code, and architecture to non-technical partners and collaborators across Mayer Brown, when necessary.
- May require occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise modifies the at-will nature of employment.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401 (k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Uniquely Positioned to Advise the World's Leading Companies