Legal Operations Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
The Outside Counsel and Legal Vendor Management team manages the legal vendor management process, ensuring we create and maintain relationships with our vendors. We help select the right vendors, manage and discuss pricing, perform data analyses, and communicate and enforce billing guidelines and processes. Our mission is to efficiently and effectively manage the operational aspects of our legal vendor relationships. As a Legal Operations Associate, you will play a critical role in ensuring we are maximizing value when engaging with our legal service providers. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and evaluating pricing proposals for legal engagements, monitoring and managing our legal spend effectively, analyzing our billing data to inform decision-making, and ensuring our data is best structured to enable decisions. You will interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally, aligning our legal needs with quality legal services at the right value, while maintaining excellent relationships with our providers.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Lead the management of RFPs (Requests for Proposals)
- Assess rate increase requests from our portfolio of firms and compare to market as appropriate
- Develop creative strategies and analyses to promote smart legal spend through appropriate fee arrangements and better budgeting practices
- Run budget versus actual analyses on historical matters to inform pricing and strategy on current matters and improve future budget adherence
- Drive fee-related communications and discussions with internal and external stakeholder
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience, with experience in legal pricing within an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Experience with spreadsheets and data sets.
- Working knowledge of BigQuery, Data Studio, and Tableau.
- Ability to work with third party systems.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build for everyone.