Technology Program Manager, Legal Business Transformation
San Francisco, CA, USA
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
As a Legal Technology Program Manager, you will serve in a key role in implementing third party legal systems as well as collaborate with our engineering teams to implement some homegrown systems on Google Cloud Platform. You will work in a cross functional environment with Legal, Engineering, Sales, Finance and Operations to manage critical work streams and deliverables for the projects. You will use your strategic thinking and analytical skills for optimizing business processes, defining business requirements, managing timelines and deliverables, and driving integrations between third party systems and other Google systems. You will be comfortable working with senior executives and other internal stakeholders to articulate and support the solutions you have proposed.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business needs, conduct workshops and document functional/systems integrations requirements.
- Lead 3rd party system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution).
- Partner with engineers to provide project management and requirements definition support for implementing homegrown systems
- Manage project schedule for the work stream, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders. Manage and track project progress against success metrics
- Help facilitate decision making, including evaluating vendor applications, evaluating functional and technical designs (such as multi party integrations across systems, vendors, etc), build-vs-buy evaluation, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience implementing and customizing large scale enterprise SaaS applications through full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support).
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects
- Experience as a SaaS application Product Manager
- Experience implementing Enterprise Legal Management software or working within law departments/law firms.
- Experience in writing SQL and building reporting dashboards.
- Experience with building ETL pipelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.