Austin, TX, USA
InCloudCounsel is seeking a Manager, Strategy to join our rapidly growing company. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
The Manager, Strategy will be an essential team member for InCloudCounsel and will be responsible for coordinating all research efforts related to New Markets activities. Additionally, this individual may be responsible for the execution of smaller, ad hoc strategy projects as needed.
The Manager, Strategy will report directly to the VP of Strategy of InCloudCounsel, and the package includes a competitive base salary and full benefits. The company has offices in Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hong Kong.* We are open to great candidates in any location across the U.S. However, candidates must be located near a major airport and willing to travel up to 4 days per month (post-covid).
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Execute horizontal and vertical go-to-market research to discover new markets for InCloudCounsel
- Conduct 1,000+ customer contacts and interviews as we seek to understand which markets would be the best for InCloudCounsel to pursue in the future
- Engage in exploratory, discovery-focused conversations to understand various market dynamics including TAM, customer segmentation, competitive landscape, contract taxonomies, pricing, customer pain points, buyer personae, and buyer objections
- Coordinate research efforts with other cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, product, legal partnerships, and account management
- Travel to trade shows, conferences, and other events to gain additional insight into markets and potential customers (post-covid only)
- Perform in-depth analysis of findings and communicate those findings to senior leadership
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in management consulting or market development
- Market knowledge: Background in customer development at B2B software or service companies preferred but not required
- Explorer Mindset: Excited and driven by the opportunity to scout uncharted territory in new markets. To be successful in this role, you will need to consistently drive 2+ meetings per day with potential customers
- Understanding of Customer Development: Competency in reaching out to potential customers, understanding their problems and needs, and figuring out how to translate those needs into a service and / or product that InCloud can sell at positive unit economics
- Entrepreneurial: Ability and desire to operate before fundamental questions have been resolved and processes have been established; ability to think on-the-fly and outside-of-the-box
- Analytical: You will need to develop a deep understanding of the unique needs of the target markets, quantify those needs, and translate those needs into a service that InCloud can sell profitably. This will require significant data and analytical skills (Excel is a must)
- Proactive/Low Maintenance: Ability to operate without significant amounts of oversight; self-directed
- Strategic: Ability to work closely with company leadership in making recommendations about new verticals to pursue and GTM strategy in each vertical
- Agility: Fast mover who can figure out quickly what’s working and what’s not and collaborate with prospects and internal stakeholders to make the necessary changes to achieve product/market fit
- Teamwork: Ability to communicate with and work across multiple InCloudCounsel teams including sales, marketing, product, legal partnerships, and account management to help the company determine which verticals to enter and how
About the team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
Your application has been successfully submitted.