Director of Application Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
InCloudCounsel is seeking a Director of Application Engineering to join our rapidly growing company. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
The Director of Application Engineering will be an essential team member for InCloudCounsel by building and maintaining strong relationships with our Engineers and Engineer Leads. This person will be responsible for owning hiring, processes, and career development across our different application teams and play a critical role ensuring the teams’ delivery on top level goals and company OKRs.
The Director of Application Engineering will report directly to the CTO of InCloudCounsel, and the package includes a competitive base salary, equity, and full benefits. The company has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hong Kong. The preferred location for this role is San Francisco.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Build and improve existing processes in a scalable way by coordinating with our Product team to continually improve engineering productivity
- Help grow the engineering team to double in size over the next two years
- Directly manage four direct reports with multiple indirect reports
- Collaborate with every team through our R&D organization to deliver on company missions
- Forecast team changes and the business scales
- Provide feedback, improve, and build strong alignment within the teams around OKRs
- 5+ years of experience as individual contributor
- 3+ years as a manager
- Strong background with Ruby on Rails and best practices
- Background with web-based SaaS products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
Your application has been successfully submitted.