Legal Tech Curator
New York, NY, USA Remote
Legal technology is undergoing explosive growth right now. But there’s extraordinary opacity in the legal tech marketplace. Buyers of legal tech spend stunning amounts of time, energy, and money trying to discern what products actually do, to confirm their integrations, to test their security, to review their vendor’s compliance posture, to map out implementation, to negotiate contractual arrangements, and so on and so on. The resulting friction associated with sourcing and evaluating new tools makes it virtually impossible today for firms and legal departments to act tactically to put the right tools in the right hands at the right time.
Instead of accepting that every buyer wastefully duplicate the same evaluation work being done by its peers--one after the the other, for every tool under consideration--we believe that work should be done once, done well, and shared. That’s why we created the Reynen Court Solution Store.
A central pillar of the Reynen Court platform, our Solution Store presents a rigorous, objective snapshot of every tool and vendor enterprise legal buyers care about, including detailed product descriptions, security and compliance evaluations, implementation guides, commercial term reviews, and much more.
It’s a big job, and we’re seeking an enterprising new team member to play a lynchpin role in the generating the content and strategy for the legal landscape’s definitive guide to tech solutions. From identifying which tools matter, to demoing products, to drafting content, to editing listings, our Legal Tech Curator will be immersed in every facet of realizing our ambitious Solution Store vision.
Who we’re looking for:
Are a you a legal techie who spends way longer than you should poring over review sites when prepping for a major purchase? Is The Wirecutter or G2 on your bookmark bar? Do you scoff at most so-called “expert” reviews on YouTube? We want you!
What we need:
- An expert—with a strong and broad foundation of hands-on legal tech experience. (After 2-3 months on this job, you’ll probably be one of the premier legal tech gurus out there, but we need someone who can hit the ground running and build on an already solid base.)
- An incisively clear and cogent writer. (Not only do we need you to deeply understand the tools in our marketplace, we need you to convey that understanding to others through crisply drafted catalogue entries.)
- A translator and boundary-spanner who can pair technical fluency with empathy for human users and buyers. (We’re not regurgitating market material, but rather truly unpacking and analyzing products through an objective lens. Like a great product manager, we need you to be able to understand how different solutions tick and the needs they meet—and to communicate that well to others.)
What we want:
- It’s a huge plus if you’ve have a previous role evaluating new technologies on behalf of a global or national law firm or in the in-house/legal ops function of a sizable company.
- We also love candidates who thrive on navigating complexity and feel at home in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, empowered by ambiguity and energized by breaking new ground.
- Finally, we’re hoping to find a deeply curious, analytical (and healthily skeptical) mind. Someone with a knack for interrogating conventional wisdom and developing well-tested original thinking from the ground up.
Compensation will include a competitive salary, equity with customary vesting arrangements, a generous benefits package, and four weeks’ vacation time. Excellent candidates will also have significant opportunities for growth and advancement based on performance.
Cover letters are required to apply for the role, writing samples will be requested during the process, and Reynen Court conducts background checks on all new hires.
Your application has been successfully submitted.