Data Insights Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently seeking a Director, Data Insights to join our Business Operations team.
What your team does:
The Data Insights Director together with their team has a unique opportunity right now to scale Data Insights to the next level in terms of scale, scope, and sophistication in a rapidly growing legal tech unicorn. This includes defining the team’s long-term capabilities and capacity roadmap. Consisting of intelligent, hard-working Data Scientists and Data Analysts, our team isn't just about solving business problems—they participate in defining what challenges and opportunities we want to spearhead next that impact Clio’s short-term and long-term strategies.
In addition to scaling in a high-growth environment where your work is tied to the most critical components of Clio’s business strategy, your team also tackles newer business opportunities. Opportunities such as legal tech acquisitions (Lawyaw and CalendarRules), our payments platform and new funding rounds—all of which further deepen Clio’s ability to understand our customers and the practice of law.
Your Data Insights team helps us to define company strategy within a workplace culture that embraces data and even celebrates it with the annual Legal Trends Report read by tens of thousands of legal professionals globally every year.
Who you are:
As a Director of Data Insights, you will be a thought leader and directly contribute to our mission of ‘Transforming the Legal Experience for All”. You will be the most senior data and analytics leader in the company and have a very active and crucial role in providing inputs into key strategic decisions and strategic planning activities.
What you’ll work on:
- Building and scaling a world-class Data Insights Team.
- Leading the strategic direction of the Data Insights team.
- Proactively identify research priorities for the team that are aligned to Clio’s short-term and long-term strategies as well as the alleviation of business challenges.
- Design a unified research roadmap for the team (aligning to our annual strategic planning activities).
- Identify BI project priorities (including standardized reporting across the organization - quarterly and annually) for the team that can deliver on Clio’s short-term and long-term strategies and other business priorities.
- Oversee the standardization and optimization of Looker.
- Serving as a strategic partner for senior leaders/executives:
- Share insights developed by your team to inform strategic decision-making regarding:
- Product innovation
- Go-to-market strategy
- International strategy
- Brand and marketing strategy, including thought leadership
- Revenue strategy
- M & A
- Customer Success
- Intentionally driving a scientific culture throughout the organization, including driving the democratization of data.
- Collaborating with leaders in our data engineering and qualitative research teams to develop a unified data infrastructure and research roadmap.
- Providing enablement across the company that allows teams and individuals to conduct their own research and design experiments.
What you may have:
- At least 8 years managing a strategic research or analytics team and projects.
- At least 5 years experience working in data science, analytics, or statistics research.
- A strong skill set in strategy, partnerships, stakeholder management, and change leadership.
- Extensive data management and infrastructure experience.
- Excellent facilitation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and business acumen.
- An ability to move with speed and urgency without sacrificing quality.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience conducting research or analytics regarding the legal profession
- SaaS Experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transform the legal experience for all.