This job is no longer accepting applications.
In a nutshell:
- We are looking for a PhD with significant NLP experience 🤓.
- We have an international team full of talent where you will grow and learn from the best 🥇.
- We offer a competitive salary 💵 based on experience.
- We offer phantom shares, career plan and training 📖.
- We are remote friendly and offer more holidays, half day work in summer 😎, and healthy and sweet snacks at the office!
Bounsel is a Valencia-based legal tech fast-growing startup. We have developed a disruptive cloud solution, an all-in-one contract management platform powered by AI and Big Data.
Bounsel promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized opportunities, proactive diversity efforts and peer mentorship. Our team members are our most important asset. We strive to provide them with meaningful professional engagement and generous benefits. We’ve built a culture based on transparency, ambition, inclusion and open communication.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Machine Learning Engineer with significant NLP experience. In this position, you will work and report directly to our CTO and lead the Data department focusing on building the architecture to scale our data acquisition and enrichment pipelines. We expect a PhD who has the ability to learn, grow, understand requirements and get stuff done. This is an excellent opportunity for a curious Data Scientist who wants to create great features that will take our contract management platform to the next level!
What you will do:
- Help us enhance our data science projects and machine learning models to structure and understand terabytes of legal documents.
- Participate in developing the engineering strategy and R&D roadmap around data science.
- Use your Natural Language Processing expertise to analyze various datasets, build new products and evolve existing models.
- Work closely with our Engineering team and Data Science partners, as well as lead the knowledge transference to the rest of the team.
- Provide deep knowledge and leadership in NLP/NLU/NLG statistical analysis.
- Write production code and communicate with the entire technical team to impact algorithm production.
- PhD related with statistics, computer science, mathematics, computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or NLP (This is a MUST!).
- A passion for building large and complex NLP systems.
- Experience building a product relying on NLP systems including Named Entity Recognition, Text Classification, Topic Modeling or Text Summarization.
- Experience in Machine Learning in particular building and training deep learning models based on transformers such as BERT, ELECTRA or RoBERTa.
- Experience with machine and deep learning framework (e.g., Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.).
- Great software development skills in Python, with a focus on building sound and scalable algorithms.
- Good knowledge of Spanish, as you will process Spanish legal documents.
- Excitement about taking cutting-edge technologies and techniques to one of the most important and most conservative industries (legal sector).
Nice to have:
- English proficiency.
- Portuguese proficiency is a plus.
- International exposure and previous startup experience.
- Comfortable using neural networks: RNN/CNN.
- Desirable experience in Python NLP libraries such as NLTK, Gensim or spaCy.
- Interest in law is always a plus.
- A business-oriented mindset.
- Fill the application form and answer some quiz questions.
- Let’s have a quick call to meet each other!
- Do a technical assessment related to your position.
- Conduct a real-time technical interview with one of your future colleagues.
- Meet the CEO!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The contract collaboration platform your business needs.