Data Scientist | NLP Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Jus Mundi is looking for a full-time Data Scientist | NLP Engineer to join the team. This position is based in Paris with a very flexible remote working arrangement. We sponsor visas.
International law is an under-explored domain in Applied NLP and comes with many challenges, such as its multilingual nature and the length of documents. We are looking for someone who is passionate about contributing to innovation within this field.
As part of our mission to make international law more accessible, we are working on automatising and scaling up the process of Legal Information Extraction. This process is made up of many components, such as metadata extraction, legal paragraph classification and the automatic extraction and linking of key concepts.
Your main mission will be to help create novel solutions to these problems by building on your past experiences through leveraging state-of-the-art solutions such as BERT (and its variants) and integrating them into production-ready systems.
You will be managed directly by the Head of Data and receive guidance from senior members of the team. You will work in direct collaboration with the IT and legal teams of the company.
We take pride in our very open-minded approach to employees' contributions: your work will directly shape the future of Jus Mundi's service to the legal community worldwide.
- Work in a small, diverse team in which you will take full ownership of your work.
- Work closely with lawyers within our legal team to come up with solutions that make sense to domain experts.
- Develop models to solve problems across a wide-range of NLP tasks, such as NER, text classification, entity linking, pattern recognition, etc...
- Contribute to the development and extension of libraries for all aspects of legal text processing.
- Ship your models all the way into production, collaborating with IT team to ensure smooth deployments.
- Constantly monitor state-of-the-art advancements and contribute to the improvements of our existing systems.
- Contribute to the design, development and execution of Jus Mundi's NLP roadmap.
- Have your voice help shape the future direction of our NLP R&D plans.
- Receive guidance from senior members of the team.
- Get the opportunity to publish your successful work at legal NLP conferences.
Our NLP tech stack
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Language: Python
- Main libraries: PyTorch, spaCy, 🤗Transformers, fast.ai, flair, GATE
- Version control: Git and gitlab
- Microservice architecture (with fastAPI)
- Monitoring: Weights&Biases, Graylog
- Annotations: Prodigy, custom solution
- Cloud: ovhcloud, GENCI (French government AI compute platform)
- 2+ years of strong experience with diverse applications of Natural Language Processing.
- Strong coding and data manipulation skills in Python.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn).
- Familiarity with the modern NLP toolkit (SpaCy, 🤗transformers).
- Some previous experience with deploying NLP models in production and the machine learning lifecycle.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and initiative.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural, fast-paced team where collaboration is key.
- A keen interest in the NLP research environment the on-going exciting developments (BERT, GPT-3...) and how they translate to real-world problems is appreciated.
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields (Mathematics, Data Science...), or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degrees (MSc./PhD.) or previous publications are a plus.
- An interest for the legal domain would be a big plus (no previous knowledge is expected).
- Play an important role a very fast-growing global legal tech that is revolutionizing the way lawyers around the world conduct legal research.
- High level of responsibility and autonomy in an international and motivating work environment.
- Integrate a legal data science department and grow within it.
- Work within a very flexible team and directly take part in the growing legal NLP research ecosystem.
- Stock options (BSPCE) plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to provide easy & the most comprehensive access to international law & arbitration data.