Oklahoma City, OK, USA Remote
Our goal at Smarter Firms is to make an experiential product as much as a useful tool. So our front end experience has to work really well and be extremely scalable.
And because our application works with a lot of charting and data, this engineer will need to use patterns within the world of global state management, asynchronous rendering orchestration, and data visualization.
This role will be guided by the CTO, but leaned on heavily to bring usability and good design execution to this application.
We're looking for talented, self-motivated, and committed software development talent to take our products to the next level.
You will help the legal industry transition to the next wave of law-centered technology by:
- Developing a wide array of data integrations with scalable, competitive back-end processes.
- Creating new front-end data visualizations for law-firm decision makers.
- Using machine learning and data analysis tools to create robust benchmarking and recommendation engines.
- Lowering the friction and raising the bar of law-centered technology.
Some DetailsThis role reports directly to the CTO. All team members are placed on a coaching plan based on their explicit goals for their work.
If you don't want to be a front-end engineer even though we hired you as one, then work with us to figure that out.
We are open to remote and prefer Oklahoma City based candidates.
We offer remote, flex, and office-based positions with preference toward flex.
We offer an equipment stipend to be used on your choice of computer equipment, office furniture, or accessories to help you do your job.
- You may be a fit if you are:Passionate about creating elegant user experiences that go beyond function and improve the experience of using a software product.
- Open-minded and always willing to learn.
- Honest and straight-forward: you shoot us straight, we'll shoot you straight.
- Proactive in their work and communicative about what they're doing.
- Willing to take a sense of ownership and initiative to do their job the right way every time.
- Pragmatic and diligent in solving real problems for real people.
- To be successful in this role you will have:A track record of working well in a small, fast-paced team in a high-growth, investment funded company.
- Ability to ideate, design, and execute business user requirements into technology products.
- Working hard to ensure open communication, honest feedback, and receive coaching/mentorship from Smarter Firms leadership.
Your TeamSmarter Firms is a small team supporting one web application, dozens of backend integrations, and cloud infrastructure to orchestrate these processes smoothly and without friction to the user.
This team works in the following areas of proficiency:
- Web: Vue.js, TypeScript, Laravel, Node.js
- Cloud/Deployment Technologies: EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Kubernetes, EKS, GitLab, Argo.
- Data technologies: MySQL, MariaDB, RDS, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis
Experience with data engineering/machine learning model development or pipeline construction is a plus for any candidate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.