Lead Software Developer
We are seeking an enthusiastic Lead Developer to join a small team working on new web applications that provide digital workspaces to high-profile clients.
You will be joining a team that that covers the whole development process from design through to testing, deployment and support.
Most of our development work is undertaken in Edinburgh, with a number of engineers working remotely from other countries. You will be based in a new modern, friendly office in central Edinburgh. Working hours are flexible and there are opportunities to work from home if desired. We follow a light-touch agile process with a focus on delivery
- 5+ years Experience
- Team leadership skills and mentoring of junior members
- Sound understanding of Java (11), Microservices, Spring Boot, Gradle, Elastic Search, Mongo and Git
- Awareness of TypeScript and React, familiarity with modern techniques for making the most of the language
- Experience with Jira, Experience with Jira, SonarQube, Github Actions, Kubernetes, AWS all beneficial but not required
- Understanding of Testing tools and principles
- Familiarity with Linux environments
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension plan and free financial health advice
- 33 days annual holidays and flexible working
- Employee loyalty share scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perkbox scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity
- Yearly development retreat
- Accessible and modern office spaces
- Regular company social events.
Your application has been successfully submitted.