Legal Operations Associate
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
As a Legal Operations Associate, you will immerse yourself in every aspect of our daily operations whilst maintaining a keen eye for opportunities to make our processes more efficient and scalable. You'll identify, implement and maintain innovative process and system changes to improve the efficiency of our legal function by ensuring the highest level of quality in our daily operations.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Define, launch and drive strategic and operational enhancements to the Legal team’s processes.
- Become a subject matter expert in Google’s contracting processes and systems and be on hand to consult, scope and manage ad hoc projects such as legal due diligence, bulk recontracting and localization requests.
- Provide regular system and process training for the legal team across the EMEA region. Partner with key stakeholders across legal, finance, sales, and vendors to identify process improvements.
- Identify, track and report on key operational and substantive metrics for the department that will better inform decision-making, including resourcing and work allocation.
- Manage the day to day operation of our vendors, undertaking customer feedback analysis, service monitoring, troubleshooting and error resolution to prevent inaccuracies, reduce delays, and drive process excellence.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Project management and/or process improvement experience.
- Experience in vendor management and operations management.
- Experience in project management, operations or management consulting in a large multinational company, legal department or law firm.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues, developing solutions and to making continuous process improvements.
- Interest in technology, with a passion for customer service.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.