Document Automation Specialist
Calgary, AB, Canada Remote
Athennian is the first cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies such as document automation, eSign, virtual minute books, and direct e-file integrations with corporate registries, Athennian is being adopted rapidly by both law firms and corporate customers. Come build the future of corporate services with us!
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
Our team members thrive when they’re passionate about what they do. We strive to create an engaging environment with challenging tasks, foster meaningful relationships with colleagues, and encourage each other to become the best we can be. Whether you want to customize your workspace, share your latest hobby with the team, or broaden your horizons with a specific project, we have a wealth of opportunities to keep you growing and learning. We’re here to help you become the best version of yourself, all while having fun and connecting with coworkers.
We offer competitive benefits and perks because we believe that happy people produce great results. We are always adding to this list based on employee feedback.
This position is open to remote work options in the following time zones: EST, CST, MST and PST
- High level of technological literacy
- Attention to detail
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Quick learner and can adapt to the ever-changing startup environment
- Legal experience equivalent to CORES 1 / CORES 2
- Previous coding language experience
In this role, at 3 months, you will have:
- Learned the Athennian software and custom syntax inside and out.
- Developed a deep understanding of all standard legal document precedents.
- Performed a needs assessment on a legal document and inserted the appropriate syntax that automates the document within the Athennian system, all on your own.
- Become comfortable developing user stories for improving document automation capabilities.
- Become proficient at reporting software bugs related to document automation functionality.
- Improved document coding documentation for Athennian users
- Performed low-level quality assurance testing on automated documents.
- Built positive relationships with coworkers.
In this role, at 6 months, you will have:
- Become comfortable with applying the Athennian customized syntax across any standard legal document within the system.
- Become an expert in assisting team members to understand anything related to the automation of documents.
- Developed a deep understanding of how document automation fits into the larger ecosystem of Athennian (in particular with Product Support and Delivery Success).
- Assisted in training customers in low-level document automation.
- Become an expert at developing user stories for improving document automation capabilities.
- Become an expert at reporting software bugs related to document automation functionality.
- Become comfortable performing all quality control testing on automated documents.
In this role, at 12 months, you will have:
- Developed training materials and exercises to assist customers learning syntax.
- Delivered document automation training to customers on your own.
- Worked closely with Data Migration team to adapting custom coded documents.
- Become the go-to person in the company for document automation questions.
- Taken the initiative to implement new ideas that would improve document automation processes or just make the office a more pleasant place to work.
Benefits at Athennian: Generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/LTD/AD&D/EFAP benefits after 90 days, high growth environment, teambuilding, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and a culture of transparency.
Your application has been successfully submitted.