Legal Operations Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Legal Operations is a dynamic team supporting all Legal teams with contracts management, vendor/financial management, knowledge management, professional development, and special projects. You will help provide our Counsel team with organizational, technological, and substantive support. You will maintain playbooks and processes, generate reports, and lead the daily administration and maintenance of our contracts management system.
You will, under the direction of the Legal Operations Associate:
- Coordinate daily management of contracts management system(s)
- Create and manage reports
- Update user manuals
- Support non-technical support for users
- Track frequently asked questions and update available resources
- Coordinate internal contract approval and status inquiries
- Complete ad-hoc contract management requests and special projects
- Build relationships with Legal and non-legal partners such as Finance, Procurement, IT, and Business Technology
- Improve contract processes and procedures to increase quality, accuracy and efficiency
- 2+ years experience at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience supporting legal operations technology, specifically any contract management system
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google business applications
- Experience with contracts and automation of contract processes
- Experience communicating across different teams in an organization
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
The interview process consists of a phone screen with a recruiter and the hiring manager and then a video interview with members on the legal and business systems team.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.