Content & Social Media Manager
Melbourne VIC, Australia
We’re looking for a social media and content manager who will bring their creative flair and marketing smarts to create engaging and inspiring content.
Working closely with the COO and Head of Comms, you’ll be a foundational team member in a high-growth tech startup with global ambitions and social justice at its core.
What you’ll do:
- Unearth stories — about legal services, tech, inspirational people, and access to justice — and bring them to life for readers.
- Engage and grow our audience across digital channels (including social media).
- Own content creation across the marketing funnel (e.g. case studies, white papers, blog posts, tweets, LinkedIn posts, infographics, videos, podcasts…) to increase customer acquisition and engagement.
- Manage a master content plan and editorial calendar (and the inevitable surprises along the way).
- Maintain a strong tone of voice across our social, partner and digital channels.
- Monitor content performance, turning numbers and data into recommendations and actions.
- Keep up to date with trends in SEO and social media and the competitive landscape.
- Bring your storytelling and wordsmith skills (and deep understanding of the customer) to work closely with other teams in the company, including product and CX (customer experience).
- You’re a proven writer. From social media posts to fact sheets, event brochures to editorial, video briefs to catchy jingles, you do it all! Your writing connects effortlessly with its audiences, while being on message.
- You’re a content mastermind. You instinctively write with audiences, strategy, SEO and channels in mind. You know how to fix a bad headline and how many hashtags are too many.
- You’re at home on social media. You have expert knowledge of social media networks and how to leverage them, and proven results in generating interest and getting results in these channels.
- You can work to a deadline. Your superhero-level attention to detail and organisational skills mean you keep your cool while you get it all done with time to spare.
- You take pride in your work. You know the difference between good content and great content. You have an eye for excellence and you aren’t afraid to ask questions or push back when you’ve got a better idea.
- You work well in a team… but you’re also capable of working independently. You roll up your sleeves when you see something that needs doing. Ideally we’re looking for someone who wants to learn and step up into a bigger role over time.
Nice to have, but not absolutely essential
- Previous experience in content and professional writing, whether in-house, agency, journalism, freelance. We wrote this with someone with 3-5 years experience in mind, but we’re willing to look past this and consider an awesome candidate with the right skills, potential, attitude and cultural fit.
- Legal practice experience, or understanding of legal industry audiences will be highly regarded, along with the ability to apply this to content thinking.
- Proficiency with marketing tech. If you’ve used web and image editors (we use WordPress and Figma), Google or SEO tools (esp Google Analytics, Search Console), eDM platforms (Mailchimp, Activecampaign etc) and any other marketing automation and dashboards.
Your application has been successfully submitted.