Business Development Representative
Melbourne VIC, Australia Remote
As a business development representative at Josef, you will bring your outstanding people and commercial skills to build relationships with prospective customers and drive sales.
Josef is a VC-backed start-up, and we’ve been growing rapidly since launching just under two years ago. Our customers range from the top global law firms and in-house legal teams at major corporations, to the world’s best law schools and legal aid organisations that help society’s most vulnerable people.
As a member of the business development and growth team, you will qualify sales opportunities and build a high quality pipeline for the team to meet our growth goals. You will also collaborate with the marketing and customer success team to ensure prospective customers have a great experience.
What you’ll do
- Use your communication skills, commercial instincts and judgement to qualify inbound leads and their legal tech needs.
- Learn how Josef works and speak to the value of the platform and automation to prospective customers.
- Generate new business by prospecting outbound opportunities on the phone.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and execute lead generation campaigns and business development materials that turn prospects into satisfied customers.
- Use CRM tools and data to track sales team activities.
- Leverage your people skills to represent Josef at events and conferences, and build strong relationships with prospects, partners and referrers.
- 1+ year experience in a similar role or environment (sales experience will be highly regarded, but training will be provided as required)
- Appropriate experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-player with a willingness to pitch in where needed
- A hunger for knowledge and a keen appetite to learn
- A passion for building rapport and strong, long-lasting relationship
Nice to have
- A legal qualification, or similar experience that demonstrates your understanding of the legal profession and the legal market will be highly regarded. Please note, experience as a practising lawyer is not required.
- Experience in sales prospecting and cold calling. This is not a smile and dial role, but we want to know that you’re comfortable picking up the phone to have a chat with sophisticated legal professionals.
- Let us know if you’ve used customer relationship management tools (CRM) before!
Your application has been successfully submitted.