We’re looking for a user researcher to join our growing research and design team at Farewill.
This is a unique opportunity to use your research skills to help design products that impact people facing some of life’s hardest moments.
Your research work will take you deep into the important and fascinating topic of death and end-of-life. Whether our customers are planning for death, or experiencing a bereavement, you will be at the forefront of researching with them whilst working alongside other Farewill teams to continuously help build technology that supports and benefits them.
The nature of this research can sometimes be tough but is incredibly rewarding. You will be joining a collaborative team of researchers and designers who constantly support each other through those difficult moments. Last but definitely not least, you will get the opportunity to shape the future of our research team as we scale across a rapidly growing organisation, whether you choose to do it as an individual contributor or as a manager.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead the research in a multi-disciplinary product team, working together with product managers, designers and developers to plan, conduct and analyse research.
- Communicate research findings and customer needs both within your team and across the whole organisation.
- Coach and mentor more junior researchers, and provide peer review and quality assurance across the user research team.
- Help grow the user research team, scale user research within Farewill and build a user research community of practice.
- Contribute the business planning process.
Hopefully, you'll have some or all of the following:
- You are comfortable using a range of different user research methods: data collection methods, techniques for analysis of research data, synthesis of findings, and presentation of clear, actionable findings.
- You are comfortable talking to participants about very difficult topics, dealing with emotional situations in research sessions, safeguarding participants and managing your own feelings.
- You work collaboratively and include everyone in the team in the whole research process.
- You are able to use research insights to influence strategic decisions.
- You are customer-focused. At Farewill, customers come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You might have some management skills and experience but this is not a requirement.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude are just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
Your application has been successfully submitted.