We’re looking for an Insights Analyst to join our growing data team at Farewill.
This is a unique opportunity to combine your analysis skills and business acumen to help design products that impact people facing some of life's hardest moments.
Your insights into the performance and user behaviour on our products will be pivotal in evolving products that truly help change the way the world deals with death.
You will be joining a growing ambitious data team that is building out a modern tech stack while ensuring each functional team receives the data support needed to advise product evolution.
Joining Farewill as an Insights Analyst is an opportunity to own the reporting of an innovative functional team, while being a part of a data function that is committed to best-practices and constant learning and improvement.
In the next 12 months you will:
- You’ll help foster the data culture at Farewill by ensuring data is at the forefront of decision-making in your team and throughout the business.
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of how the business functions, observing leading and lagging indicators, and being an expert in performance.
- Within your functional team, you’ll be an evangelist for data best practices, and in the wider business you’ll be an evangelist for your team’s reporting and data-backed decisions.
- You will identify the key metrics for your team to track over the quarter and beyond, and set up smart reporting so that your team can quickly determine how they’re doing, with the ability to drill in to detail.
- You’ll be an integral part of the Data Guild, which strives to ensure that all members are well-rounded in both their technical and soft skills, setting up success at Farewill and for the remainder of their careers. Regular meetings will cover data & BI best practices, and will offer several learning opportunities on topics such as data leadership, data architecture planning, relevant programming languages, etc.
Hopefully, you'll have some or all of the following:
- Intermediate SQL skills (comfortable with joins, data types, data modelling)
- Experience with BI tooling (any of the following: Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Redash, Excel, etc)
- Experience dealing with stakeholders - you like to be involved in decision making and performance improvement
- Attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy & quality
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Database modelling (e.g. star schema, dimensional modelling, etc)
- Ability to systematically identify which metrics/insights are needed to improve performance
- Dashboard design skills
- Experience with version control (e.g. Looker Git)
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
Your application has been successfully submitted.