Legal Technologist (Relativity Specialist)
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
The Freshfields Hub
Freshfields Hub is a crucial part of our innovation strategy, helping us to improve our client service and makes our output more efficient. Based at the Freshfields Global Centre in Manchester, (with global teams across Europe and Asia), the Hub applies cutting-edge tools (including document automation and AI) to tasks such as due diligence, document review, regulatory surveys, contract production, antitrust and competition law analysis and research. It operates across time zones in more than 30 languages.
Legal Technology Operations Team
The Legal Technology Operations team sits within the Freshfields Hub. It is responsible for the deployment of legal technology for matters across the firm. The team provides support to our lawyers and clients, selecting the most appropriate technologies and ensuring they are implemented in the most effective way to deliver high quality legal services.
Role summary/purpose of job
- Responsible for the end to end management of eDiscovery projects using Relativity. Overseeing all aspects of project delivery, including involvement of the Freshfields Hub teams.
- Working with the Senior Manager to deliver, oversee and maintain technology development projects.
- Provide support and advice to matter teams regarding the deployment and effective use of legal technology.
- Support pitch and business development activities with clients in relation to the use of legal technology.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Responsibilities on specific projects will include:
- End to end management of Relativity deployment on eDiscovery projects.
- Working closely with colleagues across the Freshfields Hub, eDiscovery teams, and our lawyers, to ensure that the projects are rolled out to deliver an operational solution;
- Working closely with key stakeholders in eDiscovery, IT, Legal (Risk) and Information Security, to ensure that their requirements are met and our use of technology products is governed robustly;
- Defining project plan, detailing deliverables and measures of success;
- Ensuring key stakeholders are managed effectively;
- Ensuring risk is assessed and monitored on an ongoing basis and issues are escalated effectively and managed to resolution.
- Candidates to hold a undergraduate degree,
- Previous legal experience (fee earning) or legal technology experience
- Must have experience using and managing projects in Relativity.
- Experience using legal tech solutions such as Kira, Contract Express, Neota Logic, HighQ, Sharepoint, Relativity, Brainspace etc.
- Experience of successfully planning, supporting and maintaining legal technology solutions.
- IT literate including in MS Office
- Experience of working in the legal sector.
- Experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, TAR, data room analytics and document review platforms. Using APIs and linking legal tech systems and workflows together.
- Project management skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly identify key information to allow progress to be made.
- Able to resolve complex problems taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions. A determination to see a problem through to a solution.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a helpful and responsive approach.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to pitch new ideas clearly and inspire confidence.
- Takes ownership of tasks and is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Takes a consultative approach and has the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Must be resilient, diplomatic and able to deal with challenging stakeholders.
Your application has been successfully submitted.