Legal Product Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ThoughtRiver is a high growth, deep tech SAAS company that is disrupting legal services by enabling lawyers to review contracts without reading them across the globe from Sydney to San Francisco. After raising our Series A in September and due to market growth, we are expanding our team in the US. Our mission is to make transactions faster, more certain and more valuable through AI-driven insight and automation. Our goal is to be the #1 contract negotiation platform worldwide.
Founded in Cambridge, UK in 2016, ThoughtRiver thrives on a culture of innovation, ambition, teamwork and pride.
We are driven and organized by Customer Value. For us, Customer Value is delivered through a combination of Product and Customer Success.
We are an experienced team that is reducing time to signature for general counsel, their sales and procurement teams, and service providers.
Our proprietary technology stack consists of Lexible, a Universal Description Language, and Fathom, our AI capability. Lexible is a knowledge tree that poses the questions that Fathom (our AI capability) answers. Together Fathom and Lexible deliver meaning identification, not mere text search and our technology has built the largest legal knowledge tree of its kind.
- Working in partnership with the Customer Success Managers, wider ThoughtRiver teams and third-party suppliers (where applicable), you will implement post-sales product configuration activity for our new enterprise clients, providing a smooth and effective onboarding experience
- Working closely with the wider Sales team, you will engage with customer prospects at the pre-sales stage to provide solution expertise and to establish a foundation for a successful onboarding experience
- You will draw on your legal background to optimise our customers configuration of the platform
- Sharing your expertise, you will coordinate and provide training for new and existing users of the ThoughtRiver platform
- You will design and continually improve processes and materials that enhance efficiency and customer experience during the onboarding process and to support the development of new use cases
- You will be a key interface with the product squads providing ideas for how to streamline the platform’s configuration tools, improving ThoughtRiver’s ‘out of the box’ capabilities and reducing time to value for our customers
- Where required, you will tailor 1:1 onsite and remote onboardings to meet client needs and exceed expectations
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the product to speak with customers about the most relevant content/features/functionality for their specific business needs.
Measurements for Success
- Time to Value: Successfully and seamlessly onboard new customers and use cases in agreed timescales
- Product adoption: based on usage per user
- Positive customer satisfaction scores
- Customer advocacy: Case studies, testimonials, and references
What You Need to Succeed
- Previous experience in a client facing role, preferably providing services to in-house legal or law firm clients
- Educational background in Law
- The ability to empathise with legal users, quickly grasp their needs and direct them on a recommended course of action
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills alongside project management skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies, preferably in the legal-tech space, with the ability to apply relevant learnings to a customer’s business industry or vertical
Why You Will Love Working Here
- Competitive Employees benefits including a 401K program
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Insurance
- A global, collaborative, supportive, and dynamic work culture; you’ll work with people who demand the best from the US to the UK
- In-depth training and one-to-one support as you build your career at ThoughtRiver and map out your professional goal
- A regular program of fantastic team-building and social activities to foster a collaborative spirit
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turbocharge your deals with an automated risk review and AI guided remediation of legal contracts.