This job is no longer accepting applications.
DWF are seeking a Legal Technologist to join their Legal Technology Team in Manchester. The individual will have a hybrid role, where they will be responsible for and support the operational deployment of legal tech tools at DWF across all our divisions; Advisory, Mindcrest and Connected. They will also support the governance and monitoring of those tools, promote the use of legal tech and work with the legal transformation teams to enhance new products for managed services to deliver.
This role will work with the managed services team including legal delivery managers focused on live delivery, Transformation and the eDiscovery team, also working closely with DWF Ventures. This role will require the individual to become a subject matter expert on certain legal tech tools in order to support in their operational use, advise on the use of those tools, and to keep up to date with functionality updates. The DWF Ventures team focus on piloting new innovative ways of delivering services, running pilots which may involve the testing or development of legal tech tools. Mindcrest work across a range of practice areas and are continually looking at best in class legal tech tools to help create greater efficiencies and enhancements to our service offering to clients. This role will help build, deploy and maintain legal tech from training through to governance and usage reporting.
We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, enjoys problem solving through innovative use of technology, is comfortable working at a fast pace and has an ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
We are keen to hear from candidates who share our values of team work and client focus. A similar background in a legal environment would be ideal, with
- Experience working with and knowledge of legal tech tools such as document automation, expert logic systems and machine learning/AI
- Specific expertise with Contract Express document automation and/or HighQ including complex site creation and customisation
- Experience managing risk and maintaining governance over the use and integration of legal tech tools, including workflow process and sign offs for document automation and training machine learning algorithms
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients
The role of a Legal Technologist is varied and includes:
- Supporting currently deployed legal tech tools across DWF including Contract Express for document automation and HighQ for client portal and collaboration activities. Responding to requests from the business for precedent automation and site creation and development
- Operational support of AI contract review technology including setting up project spaces and training machine learning algorithms
- Supporting the rollout of Legal Tech to support lawyers in the divisions of Commercial, Insurance and International, and through continuous improvement regularly developing and refining legal tech processes in those divisions
- Working directly with clients to provide legal technology consultancy advice and to design and implement legal tech solutions
- As new legal tech tools are onboarded, becoming a super user and supporting the use of those tools in Managed Services and across DWF divisions
- Supporting the Ventures team with legal tech pilots, particularly when they involve legal tech to be deployed at DWF or for clients
- Overseeing the use of legal tech tools within a framework of tracking usage, regular reporting on the use of legal tech tools
- Creating training guides and procedures for users to use legal tech tools in delivery
- Assisting with the transformation of new products through a legal tech and innovation capability lens, through to service delivery and support once operational
- Supporting the eDiscovery Lead with matching matter/client problems against legal tech and eDiscovery options to provide the most appropriate solution
- Actively promoting the use of legal tech to clients and within DWF through demonstrations and the creation of promotional materials and case studies
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe's most innovative legal businesses, apply below as we're interested in hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Premium legal advice and excellent client service.