This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll make significant contributions to every part of our technical process, helping to design simple, robust and scalable solutions to complex problems, contributing to feature work on our roadmap, and testing and reviewing your own and others’ code. This can be as a full stack generalist or as a front end specialist with occasional work across the full stack.
You’ll also help raise the bar by driving continuous improvement in what we do and how we do it. You’ll provide detailed and constructive feedback to colleagues, and will have the opportunity to be mentored by exceptional Engineers.
Our Stack and Environment
We work in collaborative, cross-functional, agile development teams that are empowered to achieve their Product goals. We use our own scrum-like system that aims to provide structure where we need it and get out of the way the rest of the time, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our own processes. The same is true for our development tools where we try to apply continuous integration, automated testing, pair programming and whatever other techniques we think will make us work better.
We’re a small, agile, high-energy team where everyone plays a critical role in improving our products and processes.
Our culture is collaborative, ambitious, agile and not ego-driven. Things move fast, we like to see our work solving problems for our customers as quickly as possible, and we value each other. If you share these values, and the description below sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
- You’ve spent at least 2 years working as a software engineer
- You’ve built web software in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional team
- You’re passionate about technology, and excited to learn through experience and collaboration
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You're product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and speed
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
- Salary range of £50k - £65k depending on experience
- Share options, so we all share in Legl’s success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup at the start of a hyper growth phase on its mission to fix what’s broken about the legal system.
- All the kit you need to work effectively from home (remote working statement below) and the flexibility to work with the tools you like best (hi Linux)
- High and very visible impact in your role. This work really matters - success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- Team of smart, ambitious and genuinely kind people
- A great and growing remote social culture
- Learning a lot along the way. We run an internal knowledge sharing program (Legl University) everyone to attend courses, talks and conferences, and have regular 121s
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tools for firms to drive growth and succeed in a digital-first world.