Paul, Weiss is one of the world's leading law firms and is a great place to build your career. More than 900 lawyers serve clients in virtually every area of the law and every region of the world, providing each client with an unsurpassed level of legal expertise. While we are counsel to some of the largest publicly and privately held corporations and financial institutions in the United States and throughout the world, we also represent numerous start-up companies, foreign governments, private equity firms and entrepreneurs.
The Applications Analyst acts as the primary support for a portfolio of Desktop & Office Productivity technologies. Liaise with business stakeholders and vendors to continuously improve and extend the firm’s applications and platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
· Product owner for the firm’s Office Template development platform and custom Office ribbons and macros.
· Provide support for the firm’s Office productivity technologies (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related technologies (Adobe). Product owner of other technologies assigned by the Applications Director
· Evaluate, test and support Mobile applications related to Office Productivity applications.
· Understand the firm's practice areas and business-related needs through ongoing communication with stakeholders to re-envision the Word interface and experience
· Develop a solid technical understanding of these products/solutions and all areas of functionality
· Work with Desktop Systems on client configurations for Office and integrated applications
· Create test cases and test scripts and act as lead tester for all supported applications
· Evaluate and monitor all enhancement requests and defects, and work with appropriate parties to expedite updates/fixes
· Establish relationships with relevant vendors to understand product roadmaps, add-in components, etc.
· Provide guidance on using these technologies and recommendations on how to leverage new features/enhancements
· Provide direct oversight on smaller scale projects and see them through to completion
Qualifications - External
· Minimum 5 years work experience with 3 years in Word customization
· Minimum 1 year work experience with Litera Application Suite specifically Innova Template Development
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service orientation
· Able to communicate effectively with firm personnel and clients on all levels
· Stays informed regarding emerging products and technological solutions
· Capable of working as part of a group or independently
· Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time and supervisory pressure
· Excellent decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Law firm experience preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office, including macros and customization
· Working knowledge of SharePoint
· On site during normal working hours and available on site or remotely when necessary before or after normal working hours to monitor, assign, escalate and assist with requests
· Required to monitor and respond to email after hours.
· Ability to engage in off-site travel as required to meet the demands of the job and needs of the firm
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.
If qualified and interested please send a resume and cover note to:
Michael da Cunha
1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A firm of 1,000+ lawyers with diverse backgrounds, personalities, ideas and interests who provide innovative and effective solutions to our clients’ c...