Legal Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a Legal Operations Manager responsible for driving progress on Legal Operations and Technology roadmap initiatives focused on increasing efficiency and effectiveness for the Content/Studio and Marketing Legal departments.
While this position will be focused on initiatives benefiting the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal departments, it is also intended to be a generalist role and will involve managing projects across other legal areas supported by the Legal Operations team. The candidate must be a clear, concise communicator and have a passion for excellence and innovation.
- Assist in deriving business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams, as well as identify new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the teams.
- Responsible for execution of Legal Operations and Technology roadmap initiatives as they intersect with the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams’ processes and technology, both existing and prospective.
- Lead stakeholder focus groups with a goal of identifying inefficiencies and and streamlining workflows to make them more conducive to technology and automation
- Coordinate closely with the Engineering Product Managers and Data Specialists to prioritize and track status of projects, tasks and timelines for deliverables - ultimately to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Align opportunities of the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams across current suite of products which could include any of the following: workflow automation, document and contract lifecycle management, IP/rights management, deal management, business insights dashboard and the creation of structured legal data.
- Liaise with legal stakeholders, Product & Engineering teams and other relevant cross-functional teams as needed where downstream/cross-functional impact exists (e.g. Data Science and Engineering, Studio Training, Content Acquisition, Finance, Title Operations, etc.) to inform the short and long-term product vision.
- Build and maintain knowledge of critical upstream/downstream systems and workflows and lead process improvement initiatives with Legal stakeholders and cross-functionally.
- Provide legal operations program support by identifying and executing high priority strategic and process improvement projects across Legal with a focus on building a core legal data set.
- This role may also include evaluation, testing, training, implementation and support for technology solutions.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in the areas of project management, operations (general or legal), tech operations, solutions management, tech program management in-house or at a law firm. Technology or entertainment company experience preferred.
- Experience working with cloud-based and on-prem legal department technology solutions (e.g., deal management, rights management, e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points and driving solutions to deliver business improvements at a global level.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.