Business Analyst, Legal Technology & Innovation
The Client Value Team (“CVT”) helps the firm improve overall profit margins and increase client value through delivery of information, tools, knowledge management, process improvement and other methods. Its goal is to increase value to the Firm's clients by providing lawyers with simple access to information, experience, and data, enabling lawyers to work more efficiently, and ensuring quality and consistency of work product. The Business Analyst, Legal Technology & Innovation (“the Analyst”) uses their background and expertise to advance these goals.
We are seeking an individual who will assist in the advancement of the data, systems, project management, customer facing communications and legal technology throughout the firm within the Global Knowledge and Research team. Reporting to the Manager, Legal Technology & Innovation and working in close collaboration with the entire CVT, the Analyst will provide work product that advances the organization’s mandate.
- Provide global support for knowledge products such as enterprise search, experience management and client collaboration platforms, as well as new practice technology including document automation, workflow and matter management, analytics and other AI and machine learning solutions.
- Work with CVT and Global Technology Solutions (GTS) teams to communicate and market department efforts and product offerings internally at the firm, both in-person and on the firm intranet.
- Support onboarding efforts of new attorneys and staff and/or transfers with regard to knowledge and legal tech products and department resources.
- Assist with global firm education efforts, promoting and encouraging participation in the implementation and use of the firm’s technology.
- Work with lawyers, practice groups and other key stakeholders to understand their critical knowledge and data requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Act as an ambassador for the team and a champion for process improvement at the firm.
- Promote effective work practices.
- Develop, encourage and support knowledge sharing behavior across groups and teams.
- Participate in system and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Assist in wider Client Value team projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience, preferably within a law firm or professional services organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong sense of collective responsibility.
- Basic knowledge of or data management experience within the legal or professional services environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex issues with clarity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant knowledge of and interest in practices and emerging developments/trends in legal tech management.
- Experience with technology, knowledge and/or process improvement projects involving large teams and/or within the legal or professional services environment.
- Desire to take a fresh look at existing processes and identify ways in which they can be improved. Prioritize workload and handle pressure, interruptions and multiple concurrent projects.
- Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required.
- Experience working with people of varying levels of seniority and technical expertise.
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple global stakeholders quickly.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to issues.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and a logical thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; resilient and calm under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and skill-building, seeking out opportunities to develop your own new skills and to mentor team members in their professional growth.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-time zone environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and possibly on occasion internationally as needed.
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We have been advising the world's leading corporations & financial institutions, governments & governmental organizations for nearly 150 years.