United States Remote
We have an opening for a Legal Technologist.
This position may sit in any of our U.S. offices, with a preference for New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.
The Practice Innovation Legal Technologist role leverages a specialization in coding and development and works within the Firm's Innovation and Technology Solutions team to design and implement solutions, and support knowledge capture, retrieval and management systems.
In this capacity, the Legal Technologist will:
- Collaborate with Practice Innovation (PI) constituents, IT, the Firm’s attorneys and clients, external vendors and other stakeholders to identify, develop and deploy legal technology tools and resources that support and create efficiencies in legal processes and workflows;
- Support existing PI tools and technologies, including data extraction and workflow systems, by providing technical expertise and liaising between legal practitioners, IT and other stakeholders;
- Support the Practice Innovation and Knowledge Attorneys (PIKAs) in identifying and scoping out practice pain-points, including developing and building requirements documentation;
- Support PIKAs and other constituents responsible for web-based content, such as in Sharepoint, by maintaining and enhancing their resources. Create wireframes and other resources to enable potential users to visualize concepts;
- Where necessary, and in collaboration with other PI constituents and IT, develop and code discrete solutions to pain-points experienced by the Firm’s attorneys and clients, or by the PI Department;
- Employ a creative problem-solving mindset to work with stakeholders and identify the appropriate solutions for pain-points experienced by the Firm’s attorneys and clients;
- Assist in maintaining existing code solutions, including by tracking and coordinating versions;
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent;
- Understand the Firm's information security and other policies and incorporate them into Practice Innovation projects;
- Flexibility to acquire knowledge of new systems and practices in accordance with Firm need, including document automation and other legal process improvement tools. Stay abreast of new technologies that impact legal service delivery;
- Be analytical with data and passionate about working with technology, and have an understanding of the legal technology landscape;
- Act as an ambassador for PI while interacting with other Firm departments;
- Handle additional related projects as necessary; and
- Work beyond scheduled hours; travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science or similar;
- Experience working with a product team and background in service design preferred;
- At least 3 years' experience working in a similar role in a law firm, a legal technology vendor, or the demonstrated ability to transfer experience gained in other fields to a legal professional services environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Python 3; previous experience with, and an understanding of, code versioning;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and other Microsoft tools;
- Advanced knowledge of Sharepoint and other intranet platforms;
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to manage time well, prioritize and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and handle multiple deadlines and stakeholders on projects of varying size;
- Intermediate knowledge of metadata collection, data warehousing and workflow automation in a legal environment, ideally having familiarity with Nintex forms, expert systems and other workflow automation tools;
- Intermediate proficiency in business information extraction and manipulation tools;
- Intermediate proficiency in using Balsamiq or other wireframe tools preferred;
- Intermediate knowledge of legal knowledge management technologies, document management systems and standard law firm applications, including MS Office; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.