This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a UX Designer who will support a range of projects in our client portfolio. We are a small, but rapidly growing team so this is a great opportunity to have a huge impact across our organization and take ownership over our products.
Even if you do not meet all of the criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway. We do not believe in the perfect candidate and would prefer someone with a passion for our mission than someone with many years of experience.
- Develop brand identities and visual systems, and high-level design projects
- Shape the visual aspects of websites, newsletters, and documents including illustrations, graphics, logos, layouts, and photos.
- Set design requirements based on information from external partners, internal teams, and user research
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Implement your designs using modern web practices (accessibility, responsivity)
- Create design concepts and drawings into wireframes and functional prototypes
- Coordinate designs in electronic format for final review and approval by the client
- Prepare designs for print, web, and electronic output.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Expertise in multiple areas of design (graphic design, visual design, service design, interaction design)
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Collaborate to solve design problems while understanding complex technical or legal system constraints
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your work — especially those that solved problems for users within complex ecosystems
- Comfortable working with content management systems such as Webflow, Strikingly, or Squarespace.
- Proficient in design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Photoshop
- Effective communicator and facilitator within a remote environment
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of A2J Tech
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Passion in the justice sector with a focus on access to justice
- Preferred experience in legal aid, nonprofits, or working with low-income communities
Nice to haves
- This is a fully remote team.
- All positions will start with a 2 month contract period.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote team. Work anywhere in the world with Wi-Fi.
- Flexible schedule - work when you want, take the time you need
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Hourly pay - get paid for the hours you work, take the time that you need
- Hardware credit - for whatever tools you need to get the job done
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A2J Tech is a social enterprise that builds technology to improve access to justice