Digital Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Marketing Specialist, you’ll use your customer-centric approach to help develop and execute marketing strategies alongside our CMO, Content Marketing Manager, Head of Paid Acquisition, and external vendors. Our customers are people going through big life moments - new parents, newlyweds, homeowners, retirees - and we’re building a brand that meets people where they are.
You’ll be responsible for a variety of digital marketing tasks, primarily owning our email marketing journey; writing SEO-friendly content; executing partnerships with charities and other distribution partners; managing our social media channels; and helping out with other projects as needed. Your role will help make Willful the smart, easy and obvious choice for the right customers.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Success in this role means working with the marketing team to hit department-level revenue targets as well as ongoing “rocks” attached to your role, while abiding by our values of Empathy, Empowerment, Accountability, and Purpose. Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to, traffic growth, lead generation and conversions across multiple acquisition channels.
In detail, you will:
- Own our email marketing journey: you’ll become our in-house Mailchimp expert, and you’ll develop, deploy, analyze, and tweak emails to our current and prospective customers in order to help them create their will.
- Create click-worthy content: You’ll work closely with our Content Marketing Manager to produce a variety of content pieces, including checklists, guides, and articles for our education centre, all with a goal of helping Canadians find us more easily.
- Drive our social strategy: You’ll create a strategy to drive awareness and conversions through our owned channels, and more importantly through creators, partners, and third-party accounts.
- Enable success with partners: You’ll help to execute on partnerships with charities, affiliate partners, and other partners. This may include drafting blog posts, compiling assets, and fulfilling other partnership criteria.
While these will be your key areas of ownership, we’re a small team at Willful, so you’ll likely pitch in on a variety of other projects, from PR campaigns to research projects to advertising.
Succeeding at Willful means doing whatever is needed even if it’s not expressly outlined in the job description.
This role will report to our CMO and will require a considerable amount of collaboration with our customer service, business development and product teams.
Who you are:
Note that Willful will be using a youth hiring grant for this role. In order to meet the requirements of that grant, the successful candidate will be a Canadian citizen who has a post-secondary degree and who is under the age of 30.
- Experience: You have worked in digital marketing at a company delivering software products or services directly to consumers (or you have equivalent relevant experience), specifically with email marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing. You have experience using Mailchimp (or another email marketing platform) and you have managed social media channels for a brand.
- Written communication skills: Whether it’s an email, a blog post, or a 1,200-word long-form article, you can write succinctly and error-free.
- Data-driven: You have an analytical mindset and experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics. You have the ability to derive insights from data and love using it to make informed marketing decisions.
- Empathetic: You have a strong sense of empathy, have a desire to solve real problems for Canadians, and enjoy working directly with customers to understand their needs.
- Responsive communicator: You’re comfortable working in a highly cross-functional role, collaborating with and demonstrating your work to stakeholders across the business. You welcome differing perspectives.
- Resourceful: As a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
- Experience with a website builder or CMS like Webflow
- Experience with design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Figma)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in the nascent space of estate planning that is ripe for disruption;
- Competitive salary and participation in employee stock option plan;
- Sun Life benefits plan including health, dental, and vision;
- Choice of $500 perk: a health spending account (HSA) OR as RRSP matching through Wealthsimple for Employees;
- An annual education budget to sharpen your existing skills or learn a new skill set;
- Shortened summer hours, and company-wide “recharge” days off in December, in addition to your vacation time;
- Competitive parental leave policy;
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life;
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship in product;
- Fun, inclusive quarterly team events and regular team lunches (currently virtual)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Willful makes it easy to create a will online & it's more convenient and affordable than visiting a lawyer.