Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
We’ve got an HQ in Toronto, but we’re a global workforce. From building trusted partnerships with our clients to delivering an employee experience that is second to none, our people are at the center of all that we do.
We are looking for a versatile Product Designer to continue iterating on our products, ideate on new features that add value, and explore new use cases around building apps on top of Kira’s ML technology. You will work through the full cycle design process, including user research to uncover and document user needs, scoping out design requirements, ideation, prototyping, creating design flows, and testing and iterating quickly.
All our Product Designers work as members of cross-functional “pods” where they collaborate closely with a Product Manager, UX Researcher, and multiple developers to fully own their product roadmap, metrics, and add value for our customers. Designers also collaborate outside the pods with our ML Research team, Customer Value, Sales, and Marketing teams to facilitate workshops, lead co-creation activities, and contribute to our wider strategy, and customer facing initiatives. You’ll join a diverse, growing team of Researchers and Designers from various professional backgrounds that are passionate about solving complex problems, and continuously finding new ways to learn and grow! As part of the design team at Kira, you are always encouraged to bring new ideas to the table, and share your learnings widely in the tech community or even at the global scale. (Examples from our team: How to Create UXR Roadmaps in Miro, Getting into Your Product Manager’s Head, Google Panel: Passing the Toothbrush Test, How I Learned to Code in 10 Days As A Designer).
What You’ll be Doing
- Leading the end-to-end design process on your pod, from discovery to delivery
- Strive to understand users with empathy through data and feedback
- Partner with product managers & engineering to provide input on our roadmap
- Collaboratively help scope features with pod by evaluating their design feasibility
- Explore and experiment with various design options within constraints
- Collaborate with UX researchers on feedback sessions & usability testing
- Create compelling flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and UI mockups while keeping in mind the overall architecture and experience
- Ensure designs are well documented for developers and deliver thoughtful and delightful experiences
- Contribute to our Design System for the overall success and coherence of the product
- Be an advocate for good design practices within Kira
- Stay up to date with useful design tools and industry best practices
What You Bring
- 2-4 years experience as a Product Designer or UX Designer
- Ideally, you have been a part of a Saas team that has shipped a successful digital product. (Bonus points for B2B)
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end design process and fluency with tools like Figma
- Customer Centric: You have empathy for users and show willingness to understand their point of view
- Evidence Based: You make data driven decisions and can learn quickly from mistakes
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: You can adapt to new situations quickly, and are willing to help. Since we are shaping the future, you may encounter unknown use cases
- Self Starter: You take initiative, own your projects are come armed with solutions
- Communication: You can clearly articulate your ideas + thinking behind your decisions to different stakeholders (verbal, written, or in visual formats)
- Collaboration: You are a team player who enjoys collaborating
- Passion for for learning and a mindset of continuous improvement
A Plus If You Have
- Technical knowledge of APIs, integrations, and front end frameworks will be a huge asset in communicating with developers
Your application has been successfully submitted.