Director of Business Development
Painworth, the world’s #1 personal injury claim settlement application, is searching for a Director of Business Development. This position will be central in the future growth of the company and will be responsible to drive sales, customer discovery, feature identification and prioritization, and build the sales and customer success teams. We are an early-stage, scalable technology company with unicorn potential based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This role is available to candidates legally able to work in Canada and can be performed remotely.
Our ideal candidate has several years of professional experience with enterprise sales to large North American P&C insurance companies. As part of a team of lifelong learners, you bring curiosity, a desire to learn, and can work remotely and under self-direction. We are a remote team, and you will be free to choose your working hours but must be available for a few core hours and scheduled team meetings.
The is a full-time permanent position reporting to our CEO, and working closely with our CTO and Director of Operations.
Desired Outcomes in this Role
As a motivated, experienced professional, you will be able to deliver the following results:
- At least 1 insurance company committed to go live on our platform in your first 90 days
- At least 3 insurance companies committed to go live on our platform in your first 180 days
- By the end of your first year, you will have 5 insurance companies committed to go live on the platform, with no less than 3 already fully trained and onboarded.
As the company grows, driven by revenue directly tied to your sales efforts, you will assist in growing the sales team, setting up a functional and robust customer success team, and building scalable, reliable pathways to continued growth of enterprise sales.
Painworth is the world's first fully automated app that helps plaintiffs calculate, manage and settle the potential value of their personal injury claim, car accident settlement, medical malpractice lawsuit, slip & fall or tripping injury, assault & battery injury, and more! We’re redefining the way that regular people get fair compensation for their injuries, and access to justice is something we are deeply passionate about as a team.
Our technology allows anyone to get fair and accurate compensation regardless of whether they choose to work with a lawyer or not. By focusing on getting a fair result as efficiently as possible, people can focus on recovery and getting on with their lives.
We are a claimant first company, founded by real injury victims and our team is working on redefining the way insurance and personal injury law work to better serve our communities and neighbours.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and activity goals/metrics as assigned by management.
- Develop new business relationships with property and casualty insurance companies across North America.
- Represent the company professionally at conferences, trade shows, industry events, etc.
- Must be comfortable selling the company’s vision and potential to risk adverse customers
- Proven ability to identify early adopters willing to work with us to build new, innovative approaches to managing bodily injury claims and redefine the insurance settlement process.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards, and recommending improved policies and procedures based on your experience.
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Test products to search for coding errors
- Communicate with team members on progress, issues, and needs
- Work with team members to design innovative software programs that improve and simplify the online personal injury case management experience for customers
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of direct enterprise sales experience.
- Strong phone and video call presence, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience making cold calls, sending cold emails, and seeking warm introductions to qualified prospects.
- Strong desire to build lasting relationship with clients, take time to understand their problems and ideal solutions, and work with them to test, iterate, and build new software solutions.
- Experience coaching and mentoring less experienced sales and support team members.
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills are essential.
- Applicant must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Experience working for an innovative software startup.
This posting will remain active until filled, so we encourage candidates to apply early. Ideally, we are seeking candidates who can start in mid-to-late September.
As a fully digital company, all employees work mainly from their home office, and have some flexibility in their work hours. That said, there are regular opportunities to socialize with your co-workers virtually, as well as at in-person events.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people calculate, manage, and settle their own personal injury case with or without the help of a lawyer.