Marketing Brand Specialist
Calgary, AB, Canada Remote
Athennian strives to build and operate elegant, user-friendly solutions that streamline difficult workflows and corporate governance management. Our software is a cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies (such as e-Signature, corporate secretary document automation, virtual minute books, and org charts), Athennian easily and effectively facilitates in-house legal subsidiary group management and professional firm corporate client management. Athennian's clients include multinational companies with high volumes of tax-driven and M&A transactions, asset managers, and accounting, tax, finance, and legal teams.
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
Our team members thrive when they’re engaged at work. This includes everything from an engaging environment, deep and meaningful relationships to challenging work. That’s why we have a laundry list of opportunities for our people to find what keeps them engaged at work. Whether you want to customize your workspace, show & tell your newest hobby to the team or grow your capabilities with a stretch project - we’re here to help you become the highest performer you can be, while still having fun and connecting with coworkers.
This position is open to full-time remote work options in the following time zones: EST, CST, MST and PST
- 3+ years of marketing or PR experience in a B2B, SAAS environment
- Relevant marketing experience related to brand management, including but not limited to: managing PR channels, social media, events, developing on brand messaging, creating new brand guidelines and training employees on how to use the brand, customer marketing, brand advertising, competitive differentiation, copywriting, etc.
- Proven ability to collect, understand, and report metrics
- Collaborative nature and proactive and strategic, solutions first approach
- **A portfolio of work including PR content, social media content, brand awareness campaigns you have executed, and events you have managed will be requested**
- Background or experience in legal services or legal tech
In this role, at 3 months, you will have:
- Learned the Athennian software and services well enough to develop detailed marketing assets related to Athennian’s products and services
- Created a brand awareness strategy including a plan for social media channels that is based off current go-to-market strategies
- Owned PR relationships including working closely with current PR contractors, adding PR content to the calendar, and ensuring prime placement of PR stories
- Developed a flexible event strategy, budget, and calendar of activity including virtual events, in-person events, conferences, etc.
- Worked closely with the Director of Community Engagement to increase customer marketing programs including advocacy, referral programs, and user events
- Collaborated with the overall marketing team to bring a new brand identity, tone, and guidelines to life
- Hosted brand assets in a maintained and accessible location and educated the Athennian team on proper brand use
- Produced ads, social media posts, website copy, and PR content to support campaigns, including copywriting as needed to execute on your campaigns
- Optimized social media channels, ensuring a consistent flow of content across social media, including creating graphics as needed for social posts
- Partnered with advertising vendors and demand generation teams to bring brand ad campaigns to market
In this role, at 6 months, you will have:
- Rolled out a comprehensive, integrated brand awareness campaign
- Taken a strategic role in building our PR channel including placing press releases and thought leadership content with major tech and legal tech publications
- Followed a frequent and consistent publication schedule for social media based on integrated campaigns across the marketing team and the content calendar
- Supported the brand ambassador program by developing a user outreach strategy in collaboration with the Director of Community Engagement
- Worked with the Director of Community Engagement to build automated advocacy pathways and ensure proper communication with other customer facing teams
- Created a customer feedback program designed to take actionable, strategic steps based on data from the brand attachment survey, Net Promoter Score, and customer feedback reports
- Collaborated with customer facing teams to build up our brand attachment along the customer journey
- Improved our vendor resources for items such as company swag
- Selected an event team to support our go-to-market efforts at industry events including user groups, conferences, legal association meetings, etc.
- Optimized channels and campaigns that support our brand goals
In this role, at 12 months, you will have:
- Become proficient in launching user engagement content and integrated campaigns
- Revisited campaigns and channels to optimize effectiveness using data to influence strategic decisions
- Worked with Product Marketing to create a competitive differentiation to identify how our brand compares to the market and what initiatives we should take to build our brand
- Collaborated with the team to develop new campaigns and messaging on a rolling 12-month calendar
- Supported Community Engagement in building and scheduling activities for a Client Advisory Board
- Continued building earned media channels such as PR
- Positioned yourself as the owner of all social media channels and maintained an active social media presence
- Grown confident reporting brand metrics such as attachment, satisfaction, engagement, etc. and connecting those metrics to revenue results including account expansion, retention, and lead generation
- Created a campaign and event plan for a user conference including the budget, promotion, conference agenda, content coordination, and event logistics
- Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
- Focused Creative: Strategic mind with a solution first attitude and uses data to navigate the next steps
- Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Benefits at Athennian:
Generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/LTD/AD&D/EFAP benefits after 90 days, high growth environment, teambuilding, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and a culture of transparency.
Your application has been successfully submitted.