Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team and help tackle the next growth phase to become the #1 equity software for startups in Europe and beyond.
Ledgy’s software solution democratizes ownership in startups. We create transparency for all owners of a startup, and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds or granting equity to all their employees. Our customers are successful European companies, like Frontify, Wefox, VIU, or NA-KD.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 of Swiss startups and are ranked as the #1 ICT startup in Switzerland as well as in the Top 10 Swiss Fintech startups to watch in 2020.
Most importantly, we are a young, international and diverse team of 14 people, coming from 10 different countries speaking 12 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. The world needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change. We’re living true to those values, being an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive this change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcomed and respected.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Ledgy, your mission is to…
…to write beautiful code, design an elegant data-processing architecture, and collaborate with others to build a platform that is secure and unbreakable.
At Ledgy, you will
- Join our product team (6 developers, our product manager, the CTO, the CPO) as a full-stack web engineer
- Design a robust architecture to move fast and occasionally break things 🌳
- Exchange code reviews with our experienced software developers
- Enjoy the delights of analytical tasks and logical reasoning 🖖
- Boldly guide our team to where no web engineering department has gone before 👩🚀
The job is a good fit if you
- Enjoy sharing your experience and help with the growth of the next generation of full-stack web engineers 👩🏫
- Get excited about regular brainstorming sessions improve the code organization 🧠
- Are curious to experience a new paradigm of web development that blurs the boundaries between back-end and front-end engineering
- Want to become native in TypeScript and apply React, MongoDB, Meteor, GatsbyJS, and NodeJS in a large-scale application 🎹
At Ledgy, you will
- Be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in quarterly company offsites and regular team activities
- Join our healthy, vegetarian, gourmet lunch salads and enjoy weekly deliveries of local and organic fruits and snacks (from Farmy) as well as unlimited tea and coffee (from Kaffeebrief)
Apply including your CV and a video (max. 5 min) with your answers to the following questions:
- What makes you excited about this opportunity?
- What previous achievement in your life are you most proud of and why?
When submitting the application, you will be asked to provide the link to your Personal Website. Enter your video here as a URL to an unlisted video on YouTube.
This is an open offer. We’re not in a hurry to fill this position. Please bear in mind that we might only be able to give feedback to exceptional applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.