We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services. Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered. We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
Our international (headquartered in San Francisco), multidisciplinary design team values collaboration, sharing ideas, and championing user-centered experiences across the organisation. Designers at Rocket Lawyer take projects from the whiteboard to final visual specifications. We believe in innovative hybrid-designers who have strong leadership skills and are fully capable of owning each stage of product design.
Ours is a design-lead organisation that takes pride in shipping functional and engaging products. This is an opportunity to develop and define how small businesses and consumers get legal solutions anywhere, anytime. We are looking for a mobile-first designer with experience designing for mobile applications who has the UX chops to turn complicated processes into simple and effective experiences. The ideal candidate will have end-to-end design experience and have worked in teams that have launched successful B2C apps on both iOS and Android.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the product manager in shaping innovative experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams through hands-on product design ideation sessions
- Design storyboards, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups/prototypes of simple, engaging experiences that meet clear project goals and milestones
- Be the voice of the end user and champion simple, elegant UX
- Present designs to key stakeholders and product organization
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers
- Experience designing for native mobile applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design and product decisions to your team members
- Strong aptitude for giving and taking direction
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and responsive web standards
- Passion for user testing and research within the design process
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber design process, decision making, visual and interaction design skills
- Mastery of the Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Webflow, or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in UI, UX or Product design
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- A passion for interaction animation
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated
- Invites multiple perspectives and asks for help when it’s needed
- Familiar with optimisation and A/B testing
Your application has been successfully submitted.